Can you broadcast a dashboard?

Ian Thompson shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

I have created a dashboard intended to be distributed as a PDF on a nightly basis.

Is there a way of sending a dashboard nightly?

I know how to broadcast reports but can dashboards and storyboards be distributed on a schedule too?

Best Answer
photo

Hello Ian,

Thanks for reaching out with your questions.

Broadcasts are only configurable at a Report level. It's not currently possible to configure broadcasts at a Dashboard level. The current functionality would be to configure a nightly broadcast for each report of said Dashboard. Alternatively, one would have to manually export the dashboard to PDF daily and then mail it as desired.

This being said, we're looking at revisiting Dashboard design in version 8.0. I've submitted this as an Idea for an enhancement to be considered for future development. You can monitor the status of that via this Idea post, set in your name.

Does this address your questions?

Thanks,

Ryan

Replies (7)

photo

Hello Ian,

Thanks for reaching out with your questions.

Broadcasts are only configurable at a Report level. It's not currently possible to configure broadcasts at a Dashboard level. The current functionality would be to configure a nightly broadcast for each report of said Dashboard. Alternatively, one would have to manually export the dashboard to PDF daily and then mail it as desired.

This being said, we're looking at revisiting Dashboard design in version 8.0. I've submitted this as an Idea for an enhancement to be considered for future development. You can monitor the status of that via this Idea post, set in your name.

Does this address your questions?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Is there instruction on broadcasting a storyboard?

I'm pretty sure I have done it before but I cannot seem to find the option to do it in YF 7.2.

Ian

photo

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the reply. Broadcasts are only configurable at a Report level. While you can Export or Share a storyboard, you cannot configure broadcasts on these objects either.

I understand this may not be the news you were hoping for. Please keep watch on the Idea post for further information regarding any enhancements to objects that can be broadcast.

Let me know if you have any further questions on this or if we're OK to mark this as Answered.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Thanks thats Ok. I look forward to seeing this feature in a future release.

Ian

photo

Hi Ian,

Sounds good! I'll go ahead and mark this as Answered. Further tracking and inquiries regarding this functionality can be handled via the linked Idea post.

Thank you,

Ryan

photo

Just came across this question - I've gotten around not being able to broadcast a dashboard by co-displaying all but one of the dashboard reports with the other dashboard reports (e.g. the first one) and setting the broadcast on that. Doesn't present the same as the dashboard but means you can get all reports out in one broadcast run.

Thanks,

Brendan

photo

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for sharing this solution with the Community!

- Ryan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file