Dashboard Broadcasts

Ian Thompson shared this idea 6 years ago
Completed

Can we have a broadcast configuration at a dashboard level?

It's already possible to export a Dashboard as PDF, and it would be nice to be able to schedule this.

Replies (11)

photo

Hello Ian,

Thanks for reaching out with this Idea. I've found that this request has already been logged by other clients in the system, so I've attached this Community Idea to the task.

I'll keep this post updated with further information regarding this Idea.

Thank you,

Ryan

photo

Is this option available or implemented in version 8.0?

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Thanks for reaching out with your interest in this Idea! This is not available in current versions of Yellowfin. I've taken the liberty of adding you to the clients list. You can subscribe here for further information as it is available.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hello,

This is a very good idea as often users want a broadcast that comprises data from 2 or more reports. Sending one email broadcast per report can clutter users' email boxes and make it difficult for them to link data across reports.

Is this idea in the pipeline for development? The option to share a dashboard via email is already there so the possibility to schedule broadcasts of it should not be complicated...

Thanks,

Diogo

photo

Hi Diogo,

This idea has seen some recent movement in the development pipeline, and based on the comments on the task, it looks like it will be fully implemented in either version 9.0 or 9.1. We will continue to provide updates on the task here.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hello all,

This idea has been implemented and will be found in the upcoming 9.3 build. Current ETA fort his build is early next week. Please check back here for latest builds.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Woohoo!!!!

/62199262a3db500a1065e9eba6297c7a

photo
photo

Hello,

We are using YF v9.4 and just added javaFx to our server. Then I re-started YF. However, when we try to broadcast dashboards the only option remains to broadcast a link to the content and not a pdf... What else do I need to do to broadcast a dashboard as a pdf?

Thanks for your help.

Diogo

photo

Hi Diogo,

Thanks for reaching out. There are a couple of additional steps needed to set up dashboard to PDF after installing JavaFX, fortunately we have some good documentation on the process here-

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/yellowfin-9-3-and-exporting-dashboardspresent-to-pdf

If you have issues after reviewing this material, we're happy to assist, however I would recommend creating a fresh private ticket in that case.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Diogo,

Hope things are good on your end, just wanted to make sure you were able to get things working for Dashboard PDF export at this time?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hello Eric,

We are having some issues with our YF instance, had to re-install, updated Tomcat to v9 and for some reason JavaFX disappeared... we will install it again. Note though that we never managed to see the option to broadcast or export a dashboard as a pdf...

Will let you know how it goes but becoming another frustrating problem with YF...

Cheers,

Diogo

photo

Hi Diogo,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with this implementation, I'd recommend creating a fresh private support ticket after installation if you continue to experience issues with this.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file