Use report as View

Chad Miller shared this problem 7 years ago
Resolved

I'm trying to create a report to use as a view. After creating report and then trying to create a report using that report as a view I get an error stated below. I'm not sure if there are stipulations on what report items can be used as a view. This is my first attempt and I don't see any documentation on it. So if someone could point me to the documentation or help out it would be appreciated. Oh no! An error has occurred during processing, please try again later

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Chad,

Thanks for getting in touch. This article is the best documentation we have for this functionality:

http://community.yellowfin.bi/topic/can-i-save-my-report-as-a-view

One note::

Cross-tab reports cannot be saved as view, the trick to work around this is to place whatever was in your "rows" into sections instead.

If you have clicked the "use as view" button, then there is really not much more that needs to be done, and the error you are seeing is most likely a separate issue.

What exactly causes this error? Are you able to use any of the columns in your report, or does this error arise when selecting what view to create the report from?

Regards,

NAthan

photo

When I try to add anything to my second report using first report as view I get this error. I can't add any dimension or metric.

photo

That is odd, can you send me a copy of your yellowfin.log? Typically when you receive an "Oh No!" the yellowfin.log will go into a bit more detail (though not always useful) on what exactly went wrong.

Nathan

photo

Here are the Logs

Files: logs.zip
photo

Unfortunately that error does not tell us much. Do you have a few minutes for a screen-share?

photo

Looking at the error again it appears that the data source you are using to create the original report is a CSV file, and that the problem is specifically in your date field. Is this correct?

Are you using a date converter at the view level, or was the date interpreted correctly initially upon import?

photo

I have time until 5pm EST for a screen share. I'm not using any CSV files we use SQL Server and I was trying to use a Date field from SQL Server.

photo

Whenever you are ready just join the link below, I'm going to be on mute, but I will hear when you join.

https://meetings.ringcentral.com/j/1480757630

photo
photo

Hi Chad,

I was finally able to confirm that this bug is specific to SQL Server's timestamp data type, in combination with any date hierarchy function that returns a date such as "week start date" and "quarter end date". I have raised this as a defect, and will keep you updated on the status of the ticket.

I will look into the other issue we discussed later today, but may not have anything substantial for you until tomorrow.

Nathan

photo

Hi Chad,

Just wanted to let you know that this issue appears to have been fixed (is currently in testing) and should be included March end of month build (release after the one coming on Friday).

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file