Advanced Search In Browse

Tal Mickel shared this idea 6 years ago
Completed

We noticed that there's an advanced search when you're in a report and you're using the search function that can be found on the left menu, however in the browse tab - there's no advance search. :)

Regards,

Dor & Tal

Best Answer
photo

Dor,

Here is a link for the new Idea that I created on your behalf: https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/add-a-streamlined-browse-section

Thanks!

-Conner

Replies (4)

photo

Dor and Tal,

Thanks for pointing this out! My initial guess is that since the all of the features that are part of the the Advanced Search section are already present in the standard Browse page interface, the Advanced Search pane was left off. However, I'll be the first to admit that the Datasource and View filters are a little tricky to find. Please check out my screenshots for how to filter content based on those criteria. In the below example, I've filtered to see Draft content from the Ski Team View that is from the Ski Team Datasource.

2077d2b149abf15dd8c11a8ae29f8f67
Hopefully this is helpful and makes sense! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
-Conner

photo

Hey Conner !

Dor here

Amazing. I thought it was a sorting button so I never touched it. Which makes it a UX problem :)

Other than that, I want to raise something that is in context with my request. Everytime I want to browse to a specific folder, I have to travel through the main loading phase, then the main folder loading phase and then the report's folder's loading phase. sometimes it takes me up to 5, agonizing minutes.

Its valid only in case where I'm not sure what is the report's name.

The Advanced Search option, which shows up only when you're viewing a report, is a GREAT time saver when it comes to searching a report (but not a dashboard) - since its all about drop-down lists and it never has a loading phase until I choose to load.

Is there a fix we can implement here? or is it a feature request ?

Bests

Dor & Tal

photo

Dor,

Truth be told I thought it was a simple sort/hierarchy expansion button too, and didn't discover its true purpose until looking into this request for you.

Ahh, thanks for expanding your use case there, I can definitely understand how the advanced pane could alleviate long load times for large, sophisticated deployments. What I'm going to do is close this Idea, as I think it has been answered, and open a new one attached to Tal's account along the lines of 'Streamlined/Optimized Folder Browsing'.

Hopefully this sounds like a good plan, keep an eye out for the new idea, and be sure to give it an upvote!

Thanks,

-Conner

photo

Dor,

Here is a link for the new Idea that I created on your behalf: https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/add-a-streamlined-browse-section

Thanks!

-Conner

photo

AWESOME.

Thank you Conner!

photo

No problem, have a good rest of your week!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file