How to add list or crosstab object to canvas v7.3?

Mario Monroy shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Mario,

Thank you for getting in touch. I am a bit confused as to what you are seeking here.

While it is not possible to change the location of the data table or include it as an object on the canvas, there are other means by which you can display this information that may meet your needs.

If you can elaborate a bit on what you are going for I should be able to provide you with more case specific suggestions.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan thanks for your answer, basically We want to create an infographic include data table, I´m attaching a example

Regards

photo

Hi Mario,

I think that one possible option that might be worth looking into in this scenario would be to employ the co-display functionality. You could remove the two tables from your infographic and create these as separate reports.

After enabling "Co-Display" you could set up your related reports (I have a chart rather than an infographic but the concept is the same):

c6a393f98681b696fc03c743090b2b61

To display:

8615670ebe952200f7de146c70fb09a6

Note that it is possible to place more than one report in the co-display top section.

Depending on your final delivery method, you could also expand this to be dashboard. Please let me know if either of these suggestions are relevant to your specific use case, or if you have any questions regarding the implementation.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Thanks Nathan, I could help, the only concern is the lack of free location of the list/crosstab.

Do you know if this functionality will be added to YF?

Regards

photo

Hi Mario,

While there have been requests for this feature in the past, and while there currently exist enhancement tickets to address this, I am doubtful that this will be implemented in the near future. Unfortunately, the use cases where this makes a dramatic difference such as yours are not very prevalent, so the priority address this has not been high. However the canvas has been a strong focus amongst the development team this year, so this may change.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards,

Nathan

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file