Changing login page

Munish shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi Community,

I tried to change the login page by following the URL:

http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER73Plus/Custom+Login+Page

my yellowfin version is 7.3, it stops the tomcat.

Kindly help.

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Munish,

could you please send across the following items:

1) your custom login JSP (be sure to change the .jsp file extension to .txt so our mail server doesn't block it).

2) your web.xml file

3) the result set from the following query: SELECT ConfigData FROM Configuration WHERE ConfigCode = 'LOGONPAGE';

4) all log files from <Yellowfin>/appserver/logs

thanks,

David

photo

Thanks David for replying.

Please find the requested files.

Regards'

photo

Hi Munish,

well done, it looks like you have followed the instructions exactly!

From studying your logs the problem seems to be that you already had an instance of Yellowfin running when you tried to start it after doing the custom login page configuration.

This is apparent from the following error which shows the connector port, 8081, was already in use by another application:

18-Nov-2017 13:12:55.978 SEVERE [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.init Failed to initialize end point associated with ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-8081"]
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind

and also this one which shows that the shutdown port, 8085, was also already in use by another application:

18-Nov-2017 13:17:46.766 SEVERE [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.await StandardServer.await: create[localhost:8085]:
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

This commonly occurs when you might already have the Yellowfin windows service running, and then you try and start up Yellowfin manually by double-clicking the startup.bat file in <Yellowfin>\appserver\bin, or vice versa.

An easy way to check if your connector port 8081 is free is to run the following from a command prompt:

C:\>netstat -ant | more

for example, I've got an instance of Yellowfin running whose connector port (which you can find and modify in <Yellowfin>\appserver\conf\server.xml) is 7473, so if I run that command it produces the following output:

/6z3AAAgtv8PRMg6BqpbAKsAAAAASUVORK5CYIIA

I hope that helps, please let us know how you get on with this.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Munish,

I'm cleaning up my work list and I noticed this ticket is still in the "Awaiting Reply" mode, so I'm just wondering how you got on with it?

regards,

David

photo

Hi Munish,

there has been no response to my previous post to you 6 weeks ago so this ticket will be closed now.

However, if you ever want to reopen it, then all you have to do is to add a new post to it and that will automatically change the ticket's status to "In Progress" which in turn will place it back again in our work queue.

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file