We are trying to setup Single Sign On within Yellowfin, does Yellowfin support SAML?

Keith Hynson shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

We are attempting to setup Single Sign ON within Yellowfin using SAML. Does Yellowfin support SAML, if so Great! if not what are the options

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Keith,

Yellowfin does not natively support SAML and there are no plans for this in the immediate future, however it would be possible for someone to create a bridge that would enable YF to authenticate via this open standard, i.e an adapter that provides a connection between the SAML provider and Yellowfin Web Services.

This is in fact how Yellowfin generally integrates SSO with any 3rd party authentication system, and we have had a few clients do this sort of thing in the past.

And if you are not able to create such a bridge, and our developers are not too busy then I suppose we could create one for you although this would involve a fee.

I hope that's enough information to get you going!

regards,

David

photo

Dave,

This is critical to a new relationship we just form with Glaxo Smith Kline.

Not knowing Yellowfin didn't support SAML prior to may have changed the landscape of this paradigm between Glaxo and Qualfon.

What type of cost would I incur?

Regards,

Keith Hynson

Sent: Monday, January 30, 2017 5:33 PM

To: Keith Hynson2

Subject: New Comment in "We are trying to setup Single Sign On within Yellowfin, does Yellowfin support SAML?"

photo

Hi Keith,

unfortunately I am not privy to such information, so I will organise the appropriate person from Yellowfin to contact you to discuss this matter.

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file