How to give the conditional rules for filter

sreenu shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Dear Yellowfin Team,

I have created a report and applied the filter for this report. For example, I am using 5 years (2012,2013,2014,2015,2016) data in the filter. While selecting a particular year like (2015), I need (2013,2014,2015) data should display, I don't want reaming years' data. How can I do. Please help me on this,

Thanks,

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Sreenu,

It sounds like a greater than less will be your best option here, so you create one filter with "Less than" in this case 2015. And then create a second "Greater than" filter with "Link to Filter" logic, with an offset of 3 years.

Does this sound like it will work in this case?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

It would be helpful if you could detail that is there any option like offset or how to apply the same along with the above scenario. I created a Year1 filter with value less than 2015 and Year2 filter with link to filter, set greater than and linked it to Year1 filter and where to specify the offset of 3 ?

Thanks and Regards

photo

Hi,

This sort of offset is only possible with date fields as filters. In your example it looks like you are using a year dimension:

a78db42fbfbdf001de7e418de4f76aee

Let me know if this looks like it will work.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

HI Sreenu,

Any luck here? I am going to close this for now, but let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file