Null appearing in report link

Whit shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Whit,

Thanks for the message, no I've not seen this before!

Couple of questions, are you running Yellowfin on Tomcat or another Java platform?

Additionally, you say "The network is receiving". Could you tell me where you are seeing this NULL? Is it inside a log file for a web server? Perhaps you could send us that log?

Keep me posted and let me know your thoughts.

Cheers,

Cadell.

photo

Hi Cadell,

Yellowfin on Tomcat and I am seeing that in devtools, on the Network tab. I have attached a couple of screenshots. The reason the link is different there is because of our integration. I was hoping to determine if this was on our side or something with the tenant, as it is only happening in the one client space.

Thanks!

photo

Hi Whit,

Thanks very much for the screenshots and updates.

It looks like the file "common-all.js" is what is requesting the broken link - however "common-all.js" doesn't appear to be part of a default Yellowfin install, so I'd suggest it could be part of your custom integration.

Are you able to check with your dev team if common-all.js is part of their additions?

Cheers,

Cadell.

photo

Hi Cadell,

I have our Dev team looking into the common-all.js file for me.

Can you please tell me if you think the following is related, and if not, where this took place prior to being fixed?: [204367] Fixed an issue where the Link Formatter may replace the value with the word "null" in some cases. It was part of the change log for the 20151125 build last year.

Thanks!

photo

Hi Whit,

Sorry for the delay.

The change log message you have identified is related specifically to Oracle Databases. Are you using Oracle?

It could be related, however at this stage it's too early to say for sure.

Did you devs get back to you about common-all.js?

Keep me posted.

Cheers,

Cadell.

photo

Hi Cadell,

We are actually not on Oracle and as it turns out there was an error in how we provision our tenants, so it was definitely on our side, probably related to the common-all.js file.

Thanks for taking the time to walk through it with me. Always appreciate it!

-Whit

Leave a Comment

Attach a file