Database changed

Venu Gopal K shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi,

At the time of Yellowfin installation, i have configured Yellowfin with Postgres db. Due to some issues, the Postgres db has been uninstalled. Now when i tried to login Yellowfin i am getting the attached error.

My query is, now i want connect my exiting Yellwofin to MySQL. It would be great if you can let me know steps to connect it to MySQL

Thanks,

Venu

Files: YF.JPG
Best Answer
photo

Hi Venu,

If it started working seemingly randomly, I would chalk this up to a network/connection issue to the database.

Glad to hear its working again, if this becomes a regular problem let me know and we can dig in deeper.

Regards,

Nathan

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Venu,

The configuration database stores all information relevant to Yellowfin. Without this Yellowfin will not work, and unless you can restore the database, all of your work to date will be lost.

Transferring between different types of databases is quite difficult and is not recommended. If you are set on this, I would suggest installing a new copy of Yellowfin into MySQL and then importing and exporting you reports across.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Actually what had happened was, i have moved some of the data sources from once folder to another folder within the Yellowfin, I think this had created the problem, this is what the real issue.

I would be great if you can help me in fixing the issue, sorry for the inconvenience.

Herewith attached the error log file.

photo

Hi Venu,

I thought you were referring to the configuration database! This will still be a bit difficult as postgres and MySQL do not have the exact same data types. On idea here is to:

• Export the view and reports out of Yellowfin,
  • Create your new MySQL data source connection (ensure all of the names and data types are the same)
  • Re-import the content, this time specifying your MySQL data source as the destination.

Let me know if this sounds like it will work in this case.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Initially when i installed my Yellowfin7.3 i have used PostgreSQL as my data source, but later i haven't used it. All the development work whatever i have done is using MySQL as a data source.

At this point i am unable to login to Yellowfin and getting the error as attached here.

Please let me know how to login into Yellowfin to perform the above mentioned activities like import/export/data source creation.

Thanks,

Venu

Files: YF.JPG
photo

Hi Venu,

Sorry for the confusion, this is sounding a bit more like the problem as you originally described it, making my initial suggestion relevant again. If your Yellowfin configuration database was in postgres which has since been uninstalled, you will need to get this back in order to access the instance.

Can you send me the yellowfin.log file right after receiving this error?

You can find this: youryellowfin/appserver/logs/yellowfin.log

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Sorry for the delay in response.

The Yellowfin configured database Postgres wasn't uninstalled, it is exist, but not sure why Yellowfin is suddenly stopped working.

However today when i tried to login to Yellowfin it is working fine without any errors. I haven't done anything, not sure the reason for working.

photo

Hi Venu,

If it started working seemingly randomly, I would chalk this up to a network/connection issue to the database.

Glad to hear its working again, if this becomes a regular problem let me know and we can dig in deeper.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Could be network/connection issue! thanks for your support.

Thanks,

Venu

photo

No problem, I am going to close this for now, but let me know if the issue resurfaces!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file