Drill through chart not working in Chrome

Bernard Anderson shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

7.4 20171031 on RHEL5

I have a view (Very simple just 1 table) in which 3 dimensions have a hierarchy set up

I have a report with a multi pie chart with 3 metrics in 'size' and 1 dimension in 'Label'

The Label dimension is the top of the hierarchy.

I have the report in question in a Dashboard and it looks fine. All filters work as they should.

However the drill from the chart does not work in Chrome (61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)) there are no tool tips and there is no drill function. However everything works in IE 11

Is there a minimum chrome version (I need chrome as the client devices used by my customer are pinned to IE8).

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Bernard,

I've tried to reproduce this issue over here, making sure that I'm using the same version and build of Yellowfin and Chrome as you, but unfortunately so far I've been unable to (both with the drill down issue and also the tool tips issue). I've attached a short video to show you my efforts.

This sounds like a browser issue to me, but just in case it is not please tell me which version of Java you are using and I'll make sure I try using that.

Also, could you please have a look in your browser console and see if there are any javascript errors.

And one more thing, if we able to access your URL over here that would be great because then we could try our Chrome and IE browsers, so please let me what it is.

regards,

David

photo

Thanks for that Dave. I've also been 'Experimenting' and tried the exact same report in 7.3 with similar results. I think you are correct in the browser issue. I am accessing the application over a Citrix connection and I suspect there is an element of interference. Sadly our application is behind a secure firewall and so has no external access. My plan today, If I get the opportunity, is to install on a local machine to eliminate the Citrix side. We have an interactive whiteboard here which is used to project on and if I use YF on that screen I see similar effects so that also adds some credence to it being environmental. I will update here with any progress. Thanks again

Bernie

photo

As promised I have had a play and managed to deploy 7.4 to a 'Local' device and created the same report. All seems to work correctly and as expected so it was as suspected an environmental issue. Maybe the firewall excludes some call types. Sadly we have no control in that area

Please close this call

photo

Hi Bernard,

thanks for your further testing and sharing of the results with us. If you ever find out what it is in the environment that is causing the issue we would appreciate it greatly if you could tell us!

I will go ahead and close this "Question" as requested, although unfortunately there is no status of "Closed", the only option is that of "Answered" which I feel is a bit inaccurate as I didn't provide an answer, I just shared the results of my test with you and then you did your own testing.

thanks,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file