While doing Matrix Report, Section wise filtering is not applying for column data.

Leela krishna shared this problem 6 years ago
Resolved

Hi,

I am trying to do matrix report, and i have to get data section wise. But column data is not filtering based on sections. For more details please check the attached screen shot.

Replies (10)

photo

Hi Leela,

While I have been able to replicate this, I am a bit confused why you would still want this to be a matrix report after applying sections.

You can see that the data is being filtered (all but the current section aggregate to 0). But in this case the use of both sections and this column in a cross-tab are redundant.

Can you elaborate a bit on why cross-tab(matrix) is necessary here?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your reply.Actually we want to develop a report as shown in below. this is achieved by using filters,but without using filters we should get AED related outlets in AED section.

3186a0eb565dce00a529c97d9b7b0de7

photo

Hi Leela,

If your Currency code is in the section, you will only see data relevant to that code in the section. What does this report look like without filters? (your previous screen-shots did not have the expense name column)

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Glad to get your reply with patience. Actually i have changed column name for expense to expense name that's it. Mainly our requirement is filter column data which is given in section. But here we are getting others also with zero values. So please suggest me if any possible ways is there.

Regards,

Krishna

photo

Hi Krishna,

It might be easier to do a quick screen-share here. Can you let me know what time works best for you? I am on United States Mountain Time.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your reply. I am available to share screen from 9:30 AM to 7:00 PM (Monday-Friday) in Indian time.

Thank you.

photo

Hi Krishna,

Very sorry for the delay here, I was on an extended Thanksgiving holiday.

Unfortunately that time span perfectly overlaps with my sleep schedule :)

It seems like cross-tab may not be the best way to achieve this. Instead I would suggest creating your various expense names as calculated fields. So:

CASE WHEN `Expense Name`= 'DIRECT EXPENSES' THEN `Budget Amount` END

CASE WHEN `Expense Name`= 'EMPLOYEE COST' THEN `Budget Amount` END

CASE WHEN `Expense Name`= 'MATERIALS CONSUMED' THEN `Budget Amount` END

Since there are a more limited amount of these than outlets (I assume), you can use these 3 as rows. In this case the various outlets will only be relevant to the sections and you will not need filters.

Let me know if this makes sense

photo

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your reply. Actually expense names not only three to do like calculated fields. Expense names will increase in future. So we can not do hard coded things. If any other possibility is there please let us know.

Thank you.

photo

Hi Leela,

Unfortunately it seems that the combination of features you want will not work in this case. That said there might still be a way that would take a screen-share to work out. If you are interested, I would suggest contacting your account manager who can set you up with a consultant who can sit down with you and work through this.

Sorry for the troubles!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

I am going to close this for now, but let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file