The use of SQL code

John Bowman-Yard shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Good Afternoon,

I'm new to using Yellowfin so I apologise if this question has already been asked/answered on the forum before. I had a look around and even done a search but I could not find anything on my question.

So I noticed while building a report in Yellowfin that in the bottom right hand corner of the screen it says "sql". When you click on this a pop up box appears with the sql code in relation to the report you're building. The code looks ver

So my question is are we able to create reports in sql code?

Thanks in advance for any help.

John

Replies (3)

photo

Hey John,

Thanks for sending this in, welcome to Yellowfin! It looks like your post got cut off a bit, but it sounds like you want to create what we call a 'Freehand SQL Report'. You can indeed write your own SQL statement for Yellowfin to build a report off of, as long as your user account is authorized to do so. The other catches are that you need a pretty good understanding of your underlying data and some SQL experience. All you need to do is hit the 'Advanced Authoring' button when making a new report. The following article walks through the freehand report process: http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER74/Freehand+SQL+Reports

Hopefully this covers what you're looking for, let me know if you have any further questions!

Thanks,

-Conner

photo

Good Afternoon Conner,

Thank you very much for your reply above.

I'm not sure what happened but yes part of my message has been cut of, anyway I've had a look and it would appear I don't have the access to be able to create reports in SQL. I will speak to the Yellowfin administrator we have tomorrow about this.

Thank you again for your quick response.

Have a great day.

John

photo

Hi John,

Sounds good, let us know if you run into any snags after chatting with your Yellowfin admin.

Thanks!

-Conner

photo
photo

Hi John,

I wanted to reach out on this and see if you still needed Support on this issue. If I don't hear back, I'll presume this has been resolved.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi John,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this as Answered, since we haven't heard back for some time. Please don't hesitate to reach out with further questions or issues.

Thanks,

Ryan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file