View permissions

Tal Mickel shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hello!

Is it possible to limit on a view level, the option to create public reports?

meaning to restrict the view to only private reports? (regardless of the role of the user).

Thanks,

Tal

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Tal,

We have some security options for the view with what users can do. We can find this by navigating to the Prepare tab in the editing of Views - Select the Padlock/Key Icon (Security). Within this we have 3 different options for this View;

1. Unsecure - This view is unrestricted. Any user can run, create or edit reports against this view.
  2. Edit Restricted - This view is partially restricted. Any user can run reports against this view, but only the users listed below can create or edit reports.
  3. Restricted - This view is restricted. Only the users listed below can run, create or edit reports.

031a4a7c93f9da12b07336dd1d8737e7

I think the above would help with your request although this does not control if the report is public or private, this would then relate back to the actual role permission options. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Thanks Mark!

This unfortunately does not solve our problem, since we would like the users to have the ability to create public reports on other view, but on this specific one we would like to give them the ability to create report- but only private.

Thanks any way!

photo

Hi Tal,

Apologies for not being able to give what you want.

Regards,

Mark

photo

thanks for your assistance!

photo

Hi Tal,

No problem. I'm marking this as Answered.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file