Adding new datasource connection is unavailable error.

Vidhya shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I am trying to add a new datasource and though my test connection is successful, when I try to create a view it says "Unavailable. The connection to this datasource has failed". This is my error log:

YF:2017-01-24 14:02:53: WARN (MIDataSourceEditAction:execute) - Error setting connection pool status: java.lang.Exception: Failed to create DBConnectionPool

java.lang.Exception: Failed to create DBConnectionPool

at com.hof.pool.DBConnectionPool.createJDBCPool(DBConnectionPool.java:591)

at com.hof.pool.DBConnectionManager.createPool(DBConnectionManager.java:566)

at com.hof.pool.DBConnectionManager.A(DBConnectionManager.java:441)

at com.hof.pool.DBConnectionManager.setStatus(DBConnectionManager.java:733)

at com.hof.mi.web.action.MIDataSourceEditAction.execute(MIDataSourceEditAction.java:165)

at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:425)

at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:229)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1913)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:462)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:648)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:230)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:165)

at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)

Please Help!

Replies (18)

photo

Hi Vidhya,

I've got about half an hour before I head off, would you like a screenshare now to investigate this problem? Please let me know, if it's possible I'll send you a GoToMeeting invitation.

regards,

Davd

photo

Yes, I can share my screen now if you are free.

photo

Hi Vidhya,

I just emailed you the meeting invitation

david

photo

yes I accepted it

photo

you have a meeting id?

photo

yes, it should have been in that invitation:

anyway, here it is:

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/505398317

Normal

false

false

false

EN-AU

X-NONE

X-NONE

/* Style Definitions */

table.MsoNormalTable

{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";

mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;

mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;

mso-style-noshow:yes;

mso-style-priority:99;

mso-style-parent:"";

mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;

mso-para-margin:0cm;

mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;

mso-pagination:widow-orphan;

font-size:11.0pt;

font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;

mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;

mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;

mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;

mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;

mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

photo

apologies Vidhya, looks like we've run out of time. Please let me know what time you'd like tomorrow and I'll schedule in another meeting.

David

photo

hi David,

No problem, Can we schedule a meeting at 9.30 am tomorrow(Darwin Time)?

photo

Hi Vidhya,

I've just sent you a GoToMeeting screenshare invitation for 9:30 AM Darwin time. And just in case for some reason you don't receive the invitation, I'll paste it here as well (the 11 AM is Melbourne time):

New Meeting

Wed, Jan 25, 2017 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM AEDT

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/821033245

You can also dial in using your phone.

Australia: +61 2 8355 1050

Access Code: 821-033-245

First GoToMeeting? Try a test session: http://help.citrix.com/getready

photo

ok I have accepted it.

photo

bad news Vidhya, I have just tested making a Windows Authentication data source in the same version and build of 7.3 as you are using and it worked. I have attached a short video to show you.

Not sure how to progress with this issue now....I will come up with an idea and get back to you

David

photo

oh. I am unsure as to how to proceed.

photo

Hi Vidhya,

I think we have to firstly prove it is a Yellowfin issue and then if it is, maybe you could get a connection opened up for our developers to connect to and debug.

So to temporarily remove Yellowfin from the picture, are you able to try doing a Windows Authentication connection to your DB with a db tool such as DBVisualiser or SQuirreL?

regards,

David

photo

Hi Vidhya,

if you are not familiar with DBVisualiser or SQuirreL I can give you a hand now if you would like, just let me know.

regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

I did a reinstall and it worked.. don't know why and how!

photo

Hi Vidhya,

that's fantastic news! Thanks for letting me know.

Sometimes an installer/upgrader may have been a little corrupted during the download process and this can cause strange behaviour, so a fresh download (and making sure the checksum is correct) and a fresh re-install can fix an issue. We have seen this in the past with both the Yellowfin installer/upgrader and also the Java installer.

However, do you mean you only reinstalled? Or did you download and reinstall?

regards,

David

photo

Hi david, I downloaded and reinstalled

photo

Hi Vidhya,

that's very interesting indeed! Thanks for letting me know.

The reason I asked is that just occasionally clients have reported strange issues to us, and after we've tried all the standard steps we can think of to help them and they don't work, then as a last resort we suspect a corrupted download of either Yellowfin or Java might be the cause. And so we advise them to do a fresh download of both Yellowfin and Java, and make sure to check the MD5 or SHA1 checksum to ensure the download wasn't corrupted and install again.

You are now officially the 4th client in the last 5 years I am aware of who has struck this issue of a corrupted download causing a strange problem!

By the way, the Java checksum is obtained from the java website, however at the moment the Yellowfin checksums aren't available on the website - the only way to get them is by emailing us.

Thanks again for sharing your experience with us.

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file