Crosstab Report with Summary being cut off on Dashboard Subtab

Whit shared this idea 8 years ago
Completed

Hi All,

I have a report that is a cross tab with a summary at the top, which then exists on a dashboard subtab. When the report is viewed by itself the summary and cross tab is visible, however, when the report is viewed on the dashboard, the summary is cut off and the column headers appear squished. Is this something you have seen before? Are summaries not something that is allowed on a dashboard subtab? Thanks in advance.'

Stand-alone:

a7c5ae2b2133c820805524fab3afc1bf

Dashboard Subtab:

d20de8f5e5a55a5655b24f3675392c93

Best Answer
photo

Thanks Whitney for the detailed info as always!

I can confirm that the ability to display table & summary is something that we should support, and has been raised a dev task #225007.

However, while we do want to implement the feature, we have yet to allocate or plan this task, so cannot provide an ETA at this point in time.

Thanks for the feedback on this, as it does help us gauge how much demand there is for this within our YF community.

Regards,

David

Replies (4)

photo

Just as a follow up, further testing shows that this happens with a crosstab + summary on a dashboard, regardless if there is a subtab involved or not. Thanks again!

photo

Whit, thanks for the post. We will review and follow-up shortly. Cheers.

photo
photo

Hi Whit,

Thanks for sending in the question! There are a couple things here worth pointing out. What you are experiencing so far isn't so much a problem with cross tab reports as it is a limitation of Yellowfin functionality. When displaying a report with a report summary in the dashboard you are forced to display which you would like to display (Summary or Table):

You can display a report summary alongside a chart however:

/A70NEn0OiF2ZAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Interestingly enough, if you go back to the report and disable the chart, Yellowfin will display the summary data alongside the table. Although this is the functionality you are after, this in itself is a product defect as Yellowfin should default to either 'Summary' or 'Table' if a chart is not present:

/kdwfdi1zhzjqDEZOMocz7HOEQAAAIAGrVPFjcBR5niOzBEAAACABiWDxVzgKHM8R+YIAAAAQINy2aLMsQCZIwAAAAANkjlWJHMEAAAAoEEyx4pkjgAAAAA0SOZYkcwRAAAAgAbJHCv6BwAAAAA4QOYIAAAAAHwcmSMAAAAAUJLMEQAAAAAoSeYIAAAAAJQkcwQAAAAASpI5AgAAAAAlyRwBAAAAgJJkjgAAAABASTJHAAAAAKAkmSMAAAAAUJLMEQAAAAAoSeYIAAAAAJQkcwQAAAAASpI5AgAAAAAlyRwBAAAAgJJkjgAAAABASTJHAAAAAKAkmSMAAAAAUJLMEQAAAAAoSeYIAAAAAJQkcwQAAAAASpI5AgAAAAAlyRwBAAAAgJJkjgAAAABASTJHAAAAAKAkmSMAAAAAUJLMEQAAAAAo6X98JauAGNQxswAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

So I'm going to do two things here:

1. Log a product defect to ensure that if a chart is removed from a report, only the report summary or table should be displayed (this is how Yellowfin is intended to behave). Defect ID = 223086

2. Convert this query into a product idea (enhancement) for our product development team to review. The enhancement would be to allow Table and Summary to be displayed in a dashboard together. Obviously this is possible as evidenced by the above defect ;).

Anyway, it looks like we've run the gambit with this one! Hopefully this information has been helpful. Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,

Dustin

photo

Thanks Dustin! I will pass this along to the developer and let them know the outcome.

Also, as a side note, the email that notified me of this post was not super fond of the images. I wasn't sure if you were aware so I thought I would pass it along:

187c240f48ce22bfbde446c09e860bcc

photo

Thanks Whitney for the detailed info as always!

I can confirm that the ability to display table & summary is something that we should support, and has been raised a dev task #225007.

However, while we do want to implement the feature, we have yet to allocate or plan this task, so cannot provide an ETA at this point in time.

Thanks for the feedback on this, as it does help us gauge how much demand there is for this within our YF community.

Regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file