Configure Default Entrypage for all Users

Guest shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi,

is it possible to configure the entry page for all users?

I didn't find anything. The Standard is "Dashboard". We want to Change it to "BROWSE". I have found the entry Information in the PersonConfiguration Database:

IpPerson ConfigTypeCode ConfigCode ConfigData12001 USERCONFIG ENTRYPAGE BROWSE

Replies (16)

photo

Hi Carsten,

I hope all is well,

We can achieve this by navigating to Profile Settings > Display Preferences > Entry Page - Within this you will then have 3 options to select for your Entry Page.

f283deb7127b49f3907571f93857af58

f82361f98b4878624fa1ba21b552f2ec

Let me know how you get on. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi yes, you can do it for each User. But we want, that the users have the Default "Browse" and not "Dashboard". So we will set it in the Default.

photo

Hi Carsten,

Thank you for the quick reply. Setting the individual users to Browse will then default to this each time they log in.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

I think you don't understand me ;)

So when a new LDAP user is logged in (and wasn't in before) his landing page should be "Browse" as Default.

photo

Hi Carsten,

I understand now. Unfortunately we don't have a global setting/option to set a default entry page for all users and for users who have not logged in before. Our only way forward on this would be to edit each users personal settings entry page.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Is it possible, that a SQL-Trigger can create it in the database,

For example.

When a new user is created the Trigger insert the entry for that user automaticlly?

photo

Hi Carsten,

I would have to double check with our support team, I will get back to you asap. I hope this is ok.

Regards,

Mark

photo

HI,

no Problem :)

photo

Hi Carsten,

I hope all is well, I've yet to get news of any back-end query (sql).

I was looking at options to do this through custom login and with single sign on (Active Directory, or LDAP as it’s known), although this would only ignore our front page and automatically log the user in, taking them directly to the dashboards... Unfortunately at this point the user would then have to go to Personal Settings and change the Entry Page.

I'l continue to discuss this so please bear with me whilst I do this, apologies for the delay Carsten.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Carsten,

Apologies for the delay on this. I am still trying to get hold of some back end query (if it exists) to achieve what you requested. Please bear with us.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Carsten,

It's looking like a harder request then first thought. I am having difficulty finding some assistance on this as, this is mostly possible through our UI options within Personal Settings. It would appear that it's possible to manually create your LDAP users PRIOR to log in, change the LDAP flag on the users, and run your query to set the landing page. This is likely more work than manually setting it - something of which is also external to YF.

I do apologies for this news.

Regards,

Mark

photo

HI,

no we don't create our ldap users manually. This users will be configured in yf automaticly, when they first connect to it.

photo

Hi Carsten,

I was looking at other options, although as I have stated this is proving to be a difficult task and something of which is actually possible through the YF UI. I will continue to search for this option but I can't promise anything.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Carsten,

Just jumping in here to provide a bit more info.

So to clarify, yes there are ways to change the entry point for a user, however if that user does not exist in the system, there is no entry page to configure.

So there are 2 ways to tackle this;

1. Create the users in Yellowfin. Then modify the DB via the SQL (which looks like you already know how to). Just keep in mind, making DB changes is not fully supported, so if any issues arise from this, there may be little we can do.
  2. Create the users in Yellowfin.
    Let each user know how to configure their entry page.
    Keep in mind, when a user first logs in, they get the welcome page, and you have the option to get them to run a storyboard.
    This storyboard is something you can create, so you can tell the users how they should configure their account.

Now, lastly, there is a 3rd option, and that is to raise an enhancement for us to implement a global setting which impacts users on first login, but they can then override. I've created this on your behalf here. Though please understand this enhancement is not something that is currently planned, so option 1 & 2 are your only options.

Sorry for the bad news, just hope one of the methods above will be fairly painless for you.

If not, can you please help me understand the impact this is having on your users and why these options are not feasible.

Just wondering if either your dashboards are too slow to be used as default dashboards, or maybe these users should simply not have dashboard access.

Regards,

David

photo

HI,

yes ist ok. So then we will wait till you implemented it ;)

photo

No problems at all Carsten, just hope you can live with current methods as there are no plans/ETA for the enhancements as yet.

Please let us know if there was anything else you were after!

Regards,David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file