Damaged table

Yhair Delgado Cruz shared this problem 6 years ago
Resolved

Hi good day.

I communicate with you since this week I present an error with a table inside yellowfin, which has not been modified within the view but overnight says that the table does not exist and checking in the SQL Server table If it exists and checking the logs indicate that the name of the table change or something like that, but nothing has been modified since its creation.

I could indicate to which this error is omitted, attached reference logs.

In advance I appreciate the attention, greetings.

Replies (9)

photo

Hi Yhair,

it mightn't necessarily be a damaged table, it's more likely to be some syntax error in the query that Yellowfin sends to SQL Server. So to investigate this possibility could you please change your logging level from INFO to DEBUG and then cause the error to occur again (I see that you get it on startup when Yellowfin loads the first dashboard tab) and then zip up your log files and attach them to this post.

regards,

David

photo

Thank you big Dave

Follow the steps that I discussed and generated these new records

photo

Hi Yhair,

thank you for the debug logs, but from what I can see, none of them contain the following error about the table not existing:

java.sql.SQLException: Falta o está vacío un nombre de objeto o columna. Compruebe si todas las columnas de las instrucciones SELECT INTO tienen un nombre. Para otras instrucciones, busque si hay nombres de alias vacíos. No se permiten los alias definidos como "" o []. Cambie el alias por un nombre válido.

Unless I made a mistake! Please have a look for yourself and let me know if you can find that error in the logs.

regards,

David

photo

Good day, Big Dave.

That is the only thing that marks when querying either the Panel or the reports and I return the error that the records of the table can not be obtained, and this happened from one day to another, it was not moved to SQL Server or To Yellofin.

regards

photo

Hi Yhair,

I'm sorry but I'm having difficulty in understanding what's going on here - the debug log you sent me does not have the error that commences with "Falta o está vacío un nombre de objeto o columna.".

Could you please make the error occur again and make sure that it is captured in the DEBUG log and then send it to me.

And just to be clear, what exactly do you have to do to make the error occur (for example, do you have to click a dashboard tab)? And when the error occurs, what happens in the UI? Is there an error message? If so can you please send a screenshot of it?

regards,

David

photo

Hi Yhair,

just letting you know that I recently came across a situation where I got that same error message as you (Falta o está vacío.....etc.), and I found out that the problem was not caused by a damaged table, or a SELECT INTO query (YF doesn't use them). Instead, it was caused by table names in the ReportView table having 2 sets of double quotes surrounding them like ""this"".

So, because of this discovery I think it would be worthwhile to check if this is the same problem in your Yellowfin database. Please send me the data from your ReportView table (CSV will be fine) and let's see what is in there!

regards,

David

photo

Hi Yhair,

just cleaning up my work list and noticed this ticket is still open and has the "Awaiting Reply" status. So please let me know how you went with this and whether you would like the ticket closed or not.

thanks,

David

photo

Hi Yhair,

I'm still wondering what to do with this ticket, so what I'll have to do is if I don't hear from you in a week's time then the ticket will be closed.

regards,

David

photo

Sorry for the delay in responding David.

but I was incapacitated for a few months and as soon as I am reincorporating I am told that this problem is solved.

I thank you in advance for your help.

Regards

photo
photo

Hi Yhair,

I'm sorry to hear you've been incapacitated, hope your back to normal now! And good to hear the problem is solved, thanks for letting us know.

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file