Raster Map:How to relate image with reference code?

Madhurima shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi Yellowfin,

I am trying to do a raster map in yellowfin.I just uplaoded an image gave reference code also. But in Chart level, it is not pointing exactly what I required. Then I came to know that is something with image format and reference code. Can you please explain me in detail about this.

Replies (12)

photo

Hello Madhurima,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. It would be helpful if you could describe in more detail, including screenshots, the exact issue you're having. Please also include any steps you took to arrive at that point.

I recommend reviewing our detailed Wiki Page on Raster Maps, which also includes a Video explanation of how to accomplish this, in the mean time. If reviewing this page is of no help, and you can supply a bit more detailed information, we can determine the next step in resolving this.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Suppose I have an organization building image. An organization will have parts like reception, developement section, testing section etc. While uploading image i can add reference codes like on my own. But how to relate image and reference code. What format we need to take image and how can we find their reference codes.

photo

Hello Madhurima,

Thanks for the reply. As shown in the video on the Wiki Page I linked, you'll want to color each section that you plan on mapping as a different color. Make sure you take note of the RGB Color Code you use for each section. These color codes will be used to map the reference codes to the selected section of map. Once the sections are colored in and you've noted the code for each section, you will want to upload this colored map through 'Administration' > 'Images and Maps'. Make sure you choose 'Map Image' as your 'Image Type'. The image can be any standard image file.

After clicking upload, you'll have the ability to choose a 'Zone Reference Type'. If you haven't already created your reference code, you can do so using the information found here. This allows you to designate the areas of your map by color code and map that colored area to a Reference Code.

Does this make sense?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi,

I just tried the same procedure and uploaded an image. But still desired output is not coming.Please find the attached scrrenshots so that you may know the issue.

photo

Hello Madhurima,

Thanks for supplying some screenshots of your process so far. The step you're missing is coloring your image prior to uploading it. The image in screenshot 1 should have the relevant areas already colored in. This is then matched to the color scheme you've set below. The image you've uploaded is all a single color, which doesn't tell Yellowfin which areas to use in the Raster map. You can see the example from the screenshot below:

c407e99c1e5f5c2d34a412696546e0fe

The color code on the right column of the Zone Reference Type table matches an area shaded on the uploaded image. Does this make sense?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Ryan Carrie,

We are trying to do raster map similar to broken bone and world heat map. we are not getting any idea how the reference code identify the parts in image. Can you give us other example other than broken bone and world heat map orelse can you provide any reference to get image and its related data. Awaiting your earliest reply.

Thank you.

photo

Hi Madhurima,

The areas of your map that you'll identify by Reference Code need to be colored BEFORE uploading the image. This allows you to map a Reference Code to a color code, which maps the Ref Code value to the region via color code. If this doesn't make sense, please let me know your availability for a screen share.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Madhurima,

I wanted to verify whether my last response helped you create your Raster map. If I don't hear back, I'll go ahead and mark this as Answered.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Ryan,

I tried all possible ways to do this kind of chart, yet didn't get required output. I will be available from 9.30 am to 6.30pm IST for screen share.

photo

Hello Madhurima,

Thanks for the reply. This will actually be outside of my working hours. I'll confer with some of my counterparts from regions closer to your timezone and see if anyone is available for a remote session.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Madhurima,

if you would like a screenshare session today please let me know what time suits you. I am available from 9 AM to midday your time.

You can show me the steps you have tried so far and we will see what is going wrong.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Madhurima,

just cleaning up my work list and noticed this ticket is still open and has had the "Awaiting Reply" status for over a month now. So please let me know whether you would like the ticket closed or not.

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file