7.3 Exporting Dashboards as PDF

Jeffy shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Hi there

I'm running on Yellowfin 7.3 (20170103 build).

I was trying to export a Dashboard containing a multi-chart report as a PDF file, and I'm experiencing unexpected results.

At my first attempt, I've formatted my multi-chart report such that the underlying data table's hidden. When I export the Dashboard, the multi-chart appears as 100% size and subsequently truncated (see page 1 in the attached).

At my second attempt, I've displayed the data table and when exporting the Dashboard as PDF, the multi-chart shrunk to fit page width (see page 2 in the attached).

In both cases, I've selected the "Shrink to fit page width" option before exporting as PDF. (page 3 of the attached)

Could you please have a look at this, as I'm expecting the report to shrink to fit page width irrespective of whether the data table is displayed or not.

Many thanks

Jeffy

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Jeffy,

I hope all is well,

Further to my investigating of this issue that you brought to our attention I can confirm that I have replicated this issue. I done this by following the below steps:

• 1. Create a Report with multi-charts x3.
  • 2. Place these charts within the canvas in the same position as customer (within the dashboard measurements)
  • 3. Save report.
  • 4. Create a Dashboard.
  • 5. Place the multi-chart report on the Dashboard created.
  • 6. Export to PDF with the settings of "Shrink to fit page width" and with data table hidden/disabled - Column Formatting; turn off "Show Field (Display the column in the table output.)

Results of this produce image 01 in the attached file.

• 7. Export to PDF with the same settings above with with data table/displayed

Results of this produce image 02 in the attached file.

With this the results I got were exactly the same as yours. Can you confirm this is how you replicated this issue? Going forward I will now test this within another previous version/build to see if this is a bug with the 7.3 build. I will reply back within due course...

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Jeffy,

Further to this I have since tested this within the version/build 7.2 20161205 and I can confirm the same results, although further investigating I managed to get this at an acceptable view by changing the page setting to A3, would this be an option to you until I can question this with my fellow support team?

See attached image showing what it appears like using page size of A3. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting back.

Confirming that this was how I replicated the issue (I forgot to mention that I placed the charts within the dashboard measurements – confirming this was done too)

Jeffy

Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 10:35 PM

To: Jeff Chong

Subject: Re: 7.3 Exporting Dashboards as PDF [#1109]

photo

Hi Jeffy,

Thanks for getting back to me regarding this, further investigating of this with my fellow support team I can confirm that this could come down to how HTML exports to PDF as PDF is based on the report HTML.

This from what we are aware is expected behaviour so the only possible work around to this is what I mentioned above and that would be to use a different size page. I tested this with the page size A3 and this worked fine (see attached image above)

I know this is not the answer you were looking for but going forward there is a workaround (mentioned above relating to page size). I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hello Mark

We will use the workaround method for now.

Just to check - when you mentioned "going forward there is a workaround (mentioned above relating to page size)" do you mean this will be fixed in future builds/YF versions, or the fix is to use A3 size each time?

Jeffy

photo

Hi Jeffy,

Thank you for getting back to me regarding this. I was referring to the page size as an alternative/workaround. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file