Alerts for discussion stream?

John Glick shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi can users receive email alerts for discussion stream activity?

Replies (1)

photo

Hi John,

I hope all is well,

To put it simply, Yes, we do offer email alerts for discussion stream activity. By default this is turned off. In order to get this we would need to follow the below steps:

Administration > Configuration > General Settings > Email Notifications - Turn this on.

48c61cfedb4045b2aaf57d33d4b31181

Within this you then have options to tick what you would like to be alerted on. Let me know how you get on John. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

thanks Mark, i enabled that and was a bit confused because nothing was coming through. looks like it takes a few minutes for the alerts to send because my users eventually received them.

photo

Hi John,

Thank you for the quick reply. I suspect this could be due to the Email Server side holding this up or YF itself holding up alerts to limit interaction with email server for spamming reasons as we might have a constant update of discussions which could slow YF down. I am not to sure of the frequency of these alerts, I don't think they're particularly "real time" - I know this doesn't help. I can look into this further if you require? Let me know, I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

It would be nice if the alert would be instant, but this will work for now. It took me by surprise because when I distribute a report via a broadcast it goes through instantly.

photo

Hi John,

Yes Broadcasting alerts tend to be instant, with regards to alerts for Discussion Streams I am not 100% I will question this further. I hope this is ok.

Regards,

Mark

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file