How Do I Assign Dashboards to Users?

Ronnie Abrahiem shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hello,

How do setup the dashboard to be the default for group of users when they login.

We want to setup easy and clean environment when the user login to see only the

dashboard and sub tab of dashboard no reports, folder, or messages.

Thanks

Ronnie A.

Replies (8)

photo

Hello Ronnie,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. In order to do this, you'll first want to create a 'User Group'. You can do this in the Admin Console, accessible via 'Administration' > 'Admin Console'. Expand the 'User Groups' section:

48bd228d71ab5a7f77702a44a5236f37

Click 'Add' to create your new User Group. I'm going to create a User Group, 'Marketing'. From this screen, you can add a name, description, assign dashboard tabs, and add members. I've assigned the 'Keyword Ranking' dashboard to the Marketing group and added myself as a member:

3e2448a285e9fc41b5b8232279da6249

Now, upon login, this user will have the Keyword Ranking dashboard visible.

Does this help?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Ryan,

Yes it help, thank you for your information. Just want to confirm this, In your example the users will only see the dashboards tab and not see the following items on browse when login:

Report Name columns, Description columns, sort by, layout, columns, My Content, By Folder, By Tag

Thanks

Ronnie A.

photo

Hi Ronnie,

Limiting what a user can see will be in the configuration of a 'Role' setting. You can review the possible Role settings by creating or editing a role to assign these user to. This will be found under 'Administration' > 'Admin Console' > 'Roles'. This allows complete control of what a user can do or see when they log in to Yellowfin.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Ryan,

Very clear thanks. Ryan, we also looking of another option or solution of clear login environment to our users. for example; Currently we have a local web dashboard user used it to run the production reports and we are thinking to add yellowfin reports option into this web dashboard then the user can call yellowfin reports from the option on our dashboard. Can you please send some information on this and how we call and link yellowfin reports on our local web dashboard.

Thanks

Ronnie A.

Thanks

Ronnie A.

photo

Hello Ronnie,

You can do this using our JSAPI integration. More information on that is available in our Wiki.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Ryan,

Regarding to clear login environment and call yellowfin reports from web side; What is the difference between JavaScriptAPI, DashXML, and web services and which environment used more as interface with yellowfin. Do have any examples on each of these tools. Thanks

Sorry to asked these questions but our production managers want to take a market decision on this type environment. Thanks

Ronnie A.

photo

Ryan,

I checked our yellowfin license and we do have Server Cores license; License = 2 and Using = 2. Thanks

Ronnie A.

photo

Hello Ronnie,

Integration is outside of the Support Contract. This is a conversation best had with a Consultant. I've reached out to your Account Manager to discuss consulting options in explaining these different integrations.

Outside of integration, would you say that I've answered your original question effectively?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo
photo

Ryan,

No thank you we are not interesting for any outside of integration or support contract. Thanks

Ronnie A.

photo

Ryan,

Please you can close the this ticket. If we have any more questions we let you know. Thanks

Ronnie A.

photo

Hi Ronnie,

Thanks for the reply. I'll mark this question as Answered, as per this response. In the meantime, you can view the following links for more information on each integration method you've mentioned:

Web Services

JsAPI

DashXML

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Thanks Ryan

Ronnie A,

photo

Always happy to help!

photo
Leave a Comment