How do I perform a data dump on our DB to get data from all tables at once?

Garrett Hunter shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

I am looking for a way to pull all tables with data from our DB at once. My initial thought is that it would be in the form of select statement(select * from table_a, table_b, etc.). My goal would be to have each table listed on a separate table of a single spreadsheet. If this is possible with another built in feature, please provide that information.

Thanks

Garrett

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Garrett,

I am a little confused as to what you are seeking here. Are you looking to generate this from one of your data sources or from the Yellow configuration database?

If you can let me know what type of database you are trying to export from I will be able to provide more case specific suggestions.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Adding this as a direct reply in case it was not seen.

Currently we access our MRM data via a web connection labeled Orbis MRM Marketing Analytics. I am looking to access via our MRM Database. After doing some research on the tables I have found where all our BASE tables are within the dbo schema. My goal would be to setup a recurring pull/feed of the data into a spreadsheet that contains a different tab for each table with the dbo schema. I have listings of all the tables, columns, rows and size of each table but we need extract the data within the tables for backup purposes of storing them on our internal server.

I hope this helps and thinks for replying to my question. Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks

Garrett

photo
photo

Currently we access our MRM data via a web connection labeled Orbis MRM Marketing Analytics. I am looking to access via our MRM Database. After doing some research on the tables I have found where all our BASE tables are within the dbo schema. My goal would be to setup a recurring pull/feed of the data into a spreadsheet that contains a different tab for each table with the dbo schema. I have listings of all the tables, columns, rows and size of each table but we need extract the data within the tables for backup purposes of storing them on our internal server.

I hope this helps and thinks for replying to my question. Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks

Garrett

photo

Hi Garrett,

I apologize, I did receive your response, but am not familiar with the Orbis MRM database, so specific research was needed.

Most major databases(MySQL, SQLServer, etc) have a pre-built function for SQL dumping that allows you to simply click an "export" button and receive the entire database as a single file to be used as a backup.

Can you please send me your entire logs folder so that I can have a better look at the underlying connection? (<your yellowfin>/appserver/logs)

It is likely that Orbis has simply re-named a common DB, in which case we can connect to it via the appropriate tool, which will contain this function. However if not, it may be nessesary for you to go through the Orbis support staff who should know more about how to work within their setup.

Sorry that I cannot provide you with a more specific response!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Garrett,

Have you had any luck in resolving this issue?

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file