mass upload of folders + Left hand nav width

Stefan Dicu shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi, is there a way to mass upload a folder structure? or only to be created manually?

I am thinking that if i have a team of 20 members in my team and I want to each member to have his folder is there a way to write in .csv (or whatever format) and upload?

Also is there a way to increase the bar width as some folders name are not fully visible ? (see attached screenshot)

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Stefan,

Unfortunately you can only create folder structures manually.

Are your users going to be using different versions of Dashboards/Reports for each user?

The filter bar size is a setting that is available under "filter formatting"

http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER73/Filter+Formatting

This is located in:

General > Format > Format Width

If you increase the size of the text box, it will increase the visible area.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hi Pete,

Sorry, i dont see the connection with filter width, i am asking about the width of the left panel after you click Browse All and you get to see the folders.

I was planning to design a fix structure of folders for each user but that will be a nightmare to do it manually, I'll have to think of a workaround.

photo

Hi Stefan,

The filter width is the text box that is in the left panel - it uses the same name across the whole of yellowfin.

Once you increase the text box size, it changes it for all left panels (or it should do!)

I hope this helps!

Pete

photo

Hi Pete,

I dont see the connection. You ask to change the filter width in a report but I am asking about the left size panel when you browse thru folders. However I have done what you have suggested and changed the width filter in a report to "Long" and the left pane is having the same size,no change.

I am attaching a .gif so you can see what I am talking about.

Files: pete.gif
photo

Hello Stefan,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I mistakenly thought that the text box name in both the browse page and the usual "left hand nav" used the same settings.

From my investigation, the browse page navigation (folder pane) is restricted in width and a tool tip should be available when you hover over the folder name.

The pane may be re-sizable, but only via custom CSS - I will have to investigate this further to be able to verify this though.

Thank you for your patience,

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hi Pete,

Thanks for coming back to me on this. I guess I will have to find a workaround for this.

You can mark this topic as resolved.

Cheers

photo
photo

Hello,

There is a way of changing the size of the Browse page folder navigation pane without too many headaches!

If you add the following code into any .css file in the customcss directory in yellowfin's install path, this will change the width of the bar.

div.browseLeft {
width: 250px;
}

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Pete

Leave a Comment

Attach a file