How to remove appended Date from broadcast email attachment file?

Abhijeet Teli shared this idea 6 years ago
Completed

Hi Team,

We are trying to achieve below use-case

We have created a daily Report broadcast and sending the file to the SharePoint portal as email. we have programmed it to read the received email extract the file and place it at xyz location,

Then we have Share Point URL published across audience, when user hits the URL it checks for the PDF file with hardcoded name Eg; Daily Summary.pdf, This is the file which we have received from YF broadcast and placed it at XYZ location.

The problem we are facing is, The file that has been sent from broadcast appends the The Date String in filename eg; Daily Summary 11-Oct-2017.pdf, and due to this URL fails to load the file because it search for Daily Summary.pdf.

So we are looking for a way to remove the date string from the file name, so that url can load file.

Checked in Configuration section But no luck,

Is it possible to achieve what we a trying from some other config changes ?

Thanks,

Abhijeet

Replies (4)

photo

Hello Abhijeet,

Thanks for reaching out with your scenario. At present, there's no manner in which to configure this. Interestingly enough, it's possible when configuring an FTP Upload:

1e48d663ffe0105de8e1cb105925786a

Hence, I've logged this as an Idea for an Enhancement.

The only manner I can think of that would work around this issue would be manually or programatically altering the filename after receiving it in your SharePoint.

photo

Thanks Ryan,

It would be useful feature for broadcast as well. I'll check for workarounds from my side.

Thanks,

Abhijeet

photo

Hi Abhijeet,

I'll keep this post updated with further information.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Abhijeet,

I wanted to let you know that we've included this as an enhancement for the upcoming January releases of Yellowfin!

Users will now have the ability to check 'Append Broadcast Date' for normal broadcasts as well.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the update!

Can you tell me from which version "Append Broadcast Date" for normal broadcasts is available?

We are on 7.3 version and I don't see this option except for FTP broadcast.

Thank you,

CT

photo

Hi Chakra,

This will be available for normal broadcasts of any type except HTML (as HTML doesn't generate a file per say):

While I don't have the exact version of 7.3 this was introduced, you should find it in the newest available (7.3.13).

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for confirming. I guess I'll have to wait until we do our next update.

Thank you,

CT

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file