GeoPack for Denmark

Peter Michael Sørensen shared this idea 6 years ago
Completed

Can we please get a Geopack for Denmark

Attached is the requested data.

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the data, I've logged this in the system for further review by the dev team.

However at this point in time I do not have an ETA then this will be looked at.

Was there specific reporting you were after where a google map would not suffice? This helps me better understand if there is no viable workaround at this point in time.

Regards,

David

photo

Hi David

Sorry, for a little negative answer/comment.

The creation of a danish geopack started in March 2015, where I put together the first package and send it to James Bardsley who worked on the geopack helped me put it together correctly, so he could make the first test geopack for Denmark, so I could put the nescessary demographic data into the package and we could make the final one.

In December 2015 we (James and I) finished the first test geopack (it was on and off between other projects, so we were not working intens to get it done at that time) which I still have and use, but some of the zipcodes where missing and the demographic data was not complete. It worked in a demo I had to make at a customer (which unfotunately didnt bought YF).

I made a new version with all zipcodes etc. but at some point I got the message, that I couldn't just communicate with James directly, I had to go through "normal" support. In the old support system the geopack issue got created, but with an ETA of 20th May 2017 = 1,5 year ahead in time!!! We didn't have customers that really need the geopack for a long time, but that has changed.

Now I have a new customer with 170 users who needs a danish geopack. They are going live in production approx. 1 - 1,5 month from now. Now a really need it - but the other problem is, that the statistical demographic data is a bit outdated now. It is from 2014, because you have been so slow creating the final geopack, so maybe that should be disregarded in a final version or I could use some time and update the data.

The most important thing is that the geometry is connected with zipcodes in one pack and with the hierarchy between region and municipality in the other geopack. (thats why there are 2 zip files).

The third problem that could arise in the creation of the geopack, is the hierarchy between region and municipality. In the test geopack James made from 2015 something in the hierarchy is not correct. I can choose only use municipality and region seperatly. The option to link them in the Yellowfin GUI after installation is not working. That have to be tested and corrected.

I really hope that we can make a new geopack a little faster than the first ETA... and if its easier please disregard the demographic data, just do the fundamentals in the geopack.

Best regards

Peter - Viteco

I have attached the first version (test version) that James made in 2015. It has not been released in the Markedsplace because its not finalized. You find one with region+municipality and one with Zipcodes (named _zipcodes).

photo

Hi Peter,

As much as no one likes negative feedback, there should no need to hide the truth, and we would rather you be honest so we can really understand the impact this has, we promise to not take it personally, because in the end we really just want to help you :).

James no longer works for Yellowfin, so he can no longer assist with this.

The additional information you have provided on this really does go a long way, as it gives me the necessary fuel to push this through to the dev team and have it treated as a HIGH priority. I'll get back to you in the next week or 2 at the latest with progress update on this pack.

I don't want to make promises, but lets aim to have this done in the next 4 weeks for you, and if any issues arise I'll let you know asap.

I sincerely apologise for the time delays and lack of attention, I can assure you this is not a common occurrence and do appreciate the feedback you have provided.

Regards,

David

photo

Hi Peter,

I've been chatting to the devs, and we're after the latest data set for the geopack, can you please provide this for us?

It looks like the one I have was sent across April 2016.

Thanks,

Davdi

photo

Hi Peter,

Just checking in to see if you've had a chance to review the GeoData initially sent across and confirm it's the one we should be using?

It looks like the data within the pack is actually from 2014.

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi David

Thanks - I've been busy, but had some time now to look at the Geopack files.

I have attached 2 new zip-files with zipcodes (postnumre) and municipality + region (Kommune-region).

I found some small errors when I made the review which is corrected, so please use these files.

I have removed the demographic data from the municipality-region file, because we just discussed that if we put demographic data into the geopack we continuesly have to update it every year or quarter which we dont want to regarding the long process to do so.

It better that we just integrate those data into dimensions in a DW at the specific customer, if they want to use such data.

If the process is easy we can discuss this another time. Right now I think is better to just get a geopack working for Denmark, which we can put on the markedsplace for everyone to use.

If you see any errors compiling the geopack, please advice if I have to correct anything.

Thanks

Peter (looking forward to the result)

photo

Thanks Peter, I have passed this across to the dev team and will keep you posted with updates!

Regards,

David

photo

Hi Peter,

The GeoPack is done and attached below. Some notes on the pack creation:

-The data received was not in UTF-8. We've since converted and all ok.

-The points were not in correct format.

We sorted it for the GeoPack, but the zipcode pack has 0 point data.

Other than that, it should be all good. Please let us know how it all goes!

Regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file