Can't Change Color in Auto Chart Map

Mary Hall McArver shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

I am building a map in a report. The Auto Chart allows me to use the Point/Bubble option on my Geography field and I need to use a string field to assign colors to the points. I'm able to pull the string field I need into the Color pane but once in the pane I cannot change the colors that are assigned to the values. How can I select the colors I need for each of the 4 values in the field?Thanks,Mary Hall

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Mary,

In this case you will need to create reference codes for your 4 distinct values:

http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER73Plus/Reference+Codes

And then insert these into a GIS Bubble Map, where you have the ability to color by reference code:

e7825b6943a31add0b6ef98ecaf2bee3

Let me know if this makes sense.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Setting up a reference code worked for the color assignment but the sort order from the reference code doesn't seem to be working. I'm attaching screen shots of the sort order I put in the reference code setup as well as a screenshot of the legend on my map. When I select 'Reference Code' and 'Ascending' for the field in the map, shouldn't that sort the values in the legend?

Thanks for your help!

Mary Hall

photo
photo

Hi Mary,

This should work pretty consistently. What version and build are you on currently? You can find this in the System Information section of the admin console.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Our system information is:

Application Version:7.35Build:20170928Java Version:1.8.0_131Operating System:Linux 4.4.0-1035-aws (amd64)

Thanks again for your assistance,

Mary Hall

photo

Hi Nathan,

I got the sort to work with the reference code field. We can close this out.

Thanks!

Mary Hall

photo

Hi Mary,

Sorry for the delay here, glad you were able to figure it out! Closing now.

Nathan

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file