Browser back button after drill through clears report filter

Martin North shared this problem 6 years ago
Resolved

I have a report with filter values and drill through capability. If the user selects the browser Back button while viewing the child report, the parent report loads without any filter value.

Is there a workaround for this? We are not going to be able to stop the user from using the Back button, the parent report has mandatory values, and we are using custom CSS to hide the filters, as the parent report itself is only accessible as a drill through.

This might be a blocker for us proceeding.

Replies (6)

photo

Hello Martin,

Using the back button can cause unexpected results!

Yellowfin is a browser based app, however, using the back button (which is essentially a "back in time" button) will default the URL and filters to an earlier state.

To stop this, use the cross, or back icons in the app and not on the browser!

Some customers disable the browser controls to help combat this!

I hope this helps,

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hi Martin,

I hope all is well,

I am just touching base to see if you had chance to read through Peter Turners post. Let us know how you got on, and whether or not you need any further assistance. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

I did, and I was a bit surprised, both at the functionality, and the response. If the statement "the back button (which is essentially a "back in time" button) will default the URL and filters to an earlier state." was true, then the filter values would be the same on returning to the previous page. They are resetting to empty.

We were attempting to implement an embedded solution, with filter controls hidden, and filter values set by drilling through reports. Our users will select the Back button, and this will break the Report.

photo

Hi Martin,

Sorry for the confusion here!

When you use the back button, it defaults the page to it's last LOADED state.

Any changes to the dynamic aspects of the page (filters) are forgotten and the page is loaded fresh.

This is what causes the filters to be missing and breaking your report. We strongly suggest to not use the back button!

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hi there!

It’s been 7 days since you last updated us on this ticket. If your issue is resolved, please let us know!

If not, can you give us some more information so we can help resolve your issue?

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hello,

It’s been over 14 days since you updated this ticket so we are closing it down now.

If you still have an issue that is relevant to this ticket, please respond here and the ticket will re-open.

If you have any other issues, please raise a new case.

Best regards,

Yellowfin Support

Leave a Comment

Attach a file