How do I remove an access filter from a user

Bernard Anderson shared this problem 6 years ago
Resolved

YF 7.1

I have an access filter against a data field which is currently assigned to all my reports.

Some users have a long list of allowed values depending on their actual job.

My question is how do I remove a value from a users assigned values

Replies (9)

photo

Hi Bernard,

I hope all is well,

First of all I would like to start off by saying we are no longer supporting version 7.1, this stopped as of 11/2016 (November), I would highly recommend an upgrade to our latest 7.2 or higher.

With this I can assist, as this is fairly straight forward...

This would all depend on how you have set up the access filter. Is this Manual? SQL? or CSV?

• Manual - You would simply remove it from the list.
  • SQL - You would need to re-run the query with the updates in the source.
  • CSV - YOu would need to upload the updated file.

I hope this helps and I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Thanks, I do intend to upgrade however I have a couple of reports that do not work correctly from 7.2 onwards but I have not yet tried 7.3

I load each user access via a csv file so I guess what you are saying is that I would need to create a csv for all my users (approx 50) against their filters (some have > 300) the reload it as a new set

Ouch. is there a sql delete I can use just to get the one row off the one user?

photo

Hi Bernard,

Ideally we would have recommended that uploading users with one big master file, or have it set up as an SQL query for easier uploading... The thought of uploading/updating each individual user with a CSV could prove to be a long process.

The only other option would be to update the ReportSourceFilter table in the configuration database and remove the rows related to the user, although this is something that is not recommended by Yellowfin and we can't support. Apologies for not being able to help.

NOTE: I would highly recommend considering bulk user import with CSV, more information can be found here.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Thanks Mark,

I do import users via cs however the issue was just the access filter. I found the reportsourcefilter table and came to the same conclusion but was unsure if there was any other relationship I needed to take care of.

I will have an 'play' on our dev environment

Thanks again

photo

Hi Bernard,

Thank you for getting back to me, apologies for not being able to assist further. As I said, looking at the ReportSourceFilter table should resolve your needs, although this is not something of which YF Support.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Fully understood. Unfortunately I have users who move jobs so their access changes. Luckily not very often though :)

photo

Hi Bernard,

Thank you for understanding. I have gone ahead and marked this Problem as Resolved. I hope you don't mind.

Regards,

Mark

photo

That's fine thanks for your swift response

photo

Hi Bernard,

Thank you and have a great evening.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file