TimeZone Conversion Not Applying Correct Offset

Whit shared this problem 8 years ago
Resolved

Hi All,

I have applied a timezone data conversion to a datetime field at the view level and the offset does not seem to be correct. I have set the native data timezone to be GMT and the user's timezone is American Indianapolis (GMT -4), however, the converted timestamp is coming out +10 hours from the original data. Are there any known issues surrounding the data conversion TimeZone conversion feature at the view level? Thanks!

3b0ce6ef308921624a910b37e62ae606

Best Answer
photo

Hi Dustin,

Sorry about the confusion. I went ahead and created a few new users, updating one in the user search and one in the personal profile settings, both of which functioned as expected with regard to the timezone conversion. There must have been something weird about my session or the user (admin@yellowfin.com.au) because when I checked the test report today with any of the users, everything was as it should be. I never did update anything further for the admin user, but since it was correct today, I can only assume it was a session oddity or because I never logged out after the changes? Quite strange but you can mark this one as solved. Thanks for the response.

-Whit

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Whit,

Thanks for sending in the question!

I actually tested a similar case for another customer the other day and Yellowfin was behaving as expected. Can you confirm that the user regional time and date settings are set appropriately?

Also, which version/build of Yellowfin are you using? The user I was working with previously seemed to believe that their problem had to do with version 6.3, but I can see by your screenshot that this is definitely 7.1.

Anyway, if you let me know your version/build I can do a couple tests on my end to see what turns up. I look forward to hearing back!

Kind Regards,

Dustin

photo

Hi Dustin,

Yep, this is the Dec build of 7.1. The data exists in the system as GMT and the user's regional time zone is set to Indianapolis (-4:00)

f3de9033a875fca2b6c47d82e1e830dc

Am I correct in assuming that this should take the GMT datetime (which I set the field in the view level TimeZone conversion to be) and subtract 4 hours from it to get to EDT/Indianapolis (-4:00)?

03d2a49f42c6b527b6ebb98d72aadad9

Thanks again,

Whit

photo

Hi Dustin,

Sorry about the confusion. I went ahead and created a few new users, updating one in the user search and one in the personal profile settings, both of which functioned as expected with regard to the timezone conversion. There must have been something weird about my session or the user (admin@yellowfin.com.au) because when I checked the test report today with any of the users, everything was as it should be. I never did update anything further for the admin user, but since it was correct today, I can only assume it was a session oddity or because I never logged out after the changes? Quite strange but you can mark this one as solved. Thanks for the response.

-Whit

photo

Hi Whit,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to work this one out, and it definitely sounds like a session issue popped up. I apologize for any confusion this might have caused!

Let us know if you run into troubles in the future!

Kind Regards,

Dustin

Leave a Comment

Attach a file