How to Upgrade Ski Team Tutorial Database & Content after upgrading to YF 7.3?

Sebastian Vogt shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Dear YF Support Team!

We are using the Ski Team Tutorial Database and the respective content (reports, dashboards) for several tasks (replication, demo, ideas). Would it be possible for you to provide a .zip file with the following content:

=> YF 7.3 Ski Team Tutorial Database + .xml for Reports/Dashboards

There was a similar thread for the old version (YF 7.2):

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/how-to-upgrade-ski-team-tutorial-database-content-after-upgrading-to-yf-7-2

Thank you very much for your support!

Kind regards

Sebastian

Best Answer
photo

Hi Sebasian,

Here is the newest version.

Let me know if it doesnt work!

Regards,

Nathan

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Sebasian,

Here is the newest version.

Let me know if it doesnt work!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

thank you very much for your quick feedback. The provided .zip file was missing the following file:

newskiteam.data

When using the old version of this file and only replacing the other provided files, our YF instance was not able to create a connection:

95efdd59d5dde0cf008d10713e2754aa

The German phrase "Zugriff verweigert" translates to "Access denied".

Could you please attach the YF 7.3 version of the newskiteam.data file?

Thank you for your support!

Kind regards

Sebastian

photo

Hi Sebastian,

Oops, looks like the file didnt make into the zip. Here you go.

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

thank you for the file. I have uploaded the file and restarted the YF tomcat but I am running into the same issue again:

f8ada83af69a24778d17f8cc95057a28

The German phrase "Zugriff verweigert" translates to "Access denied". Please see the attached YF log for details regarding the error message.

I have compared the old and the new files and I have seen that the HSQL DB Version as well as a couple of configuration parameters have changed. Could you please have a look at our Connection Settings: Is there anything we should change now with the new version?

0b908bdf397f657fcd6ff793b7b371ac

The full Connection String:

jdbc:hsqldb:file:C:\\BI Application\\Yellowfin\\tutorialdata/newskiteam;shutdown=true

Passwort is empty. Is there a passwort necessary now with the new version?

Thank you for your feedback!

Kind regards

Sebastian

photo

Hi Sebastian,

My ski-team connection looks slightly different (there is still no password). Rather than mess around with the generic JDBC connection, Let's try importing the datasource itself and then adjusting the relevant settings. I have attached my ski-team DS.

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

thank you for providing the whole DB Import file. I have tried the following:

• Importing and Replacing the existing Ski Team Connection
  • Deleting the old Ski Team Connection and Importing the new Ski Team Connection
  • Manually creating the new Ski Team Connection based on your DB settings

But all of these attempts result in the same error "Access Denied":

d38d3eaa9741ce24b0542f3bd04618c3

Do you have any idea what might cause the issue?

Please find attached the relevant part of the YF log file.

Thank you for your support!

Kind regards

Sebastian

photo

Hi Sebastian,

Looking through my folder, there is also a lck file there, so my file might be in use. Here is one from an instance that has not yet been initiated.

Hopefully this works, but it might also be worth resetting the permissions on the file I sent you last time (chmod)

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

thank you for the file. I have used this file instead of the other but the same error message came up again.

Do you have any other idea?

Thank you & kind regards

Sebastian

photo

Hi Sebastian,

Unfortunately I am a bit out of ideas here. If you are interested I can provide you a link to a fresh-install? You might have better luck grabbing this yourself from a local machine with local permissions.

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

thank you for your support! Is the Ski Team DB included in a fresh install? If yes, can I use the setup file from the YF support page? Or do you have any specific YF 7.3 setup file?

To be sure: Is there any other modification in the YF file system necessary (e.g. new HSQLDB driver, modifications in the web.xml etc.)

Kind regards

Sebastian

photo

Hi Nathan,

I was now able to solve the problem by comparing the difference between the YF 7.2 and the YF 7.3 Ski Team files. The relevant file is called newskiteam.properties.

In the YF 7.2 version of this file the following config settings were set:

#HSQL Database Engine 2.2.8
#Thu Aug 21 16:06:16 EST 2014
version=2.2.8
modified=no
readonly=true
In the YF 7.3 version of this file the following config settings were set:

#HSQL Database Engine 2.3.4
#Wed Oct 04 09:50:07 MDT 2017
version=2.3.4
modified=yes
tx_timestamp=0
I was able to connect to the new HSQLDB by adding the following setting from the YF 7.2 file to the YF 7.3 file:

readonly=true
My assumption is that the error "Access Denied" was shown because our security settings on YF file level at the server prevent the YF instance from writing something into this particular folder.

One last question: Do you know whether it is necessary that YF can write into the Ski Team DB? Maybe for the future and the coming YF 7.4 release with the ETL tool for some demo content?

Thank you again for your support!

Kind regards

Sebastian

photo

Hi Sebastian,

Interesting, very good find! It is not and will not be necessary to write to the Ski-team specifically. The ETL process works with a writable data source, but ski-team should not be one of these.

Glad you were able to figure it out.

Nathan

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file