PostgreSQL Array in Source Access Filter

Whit shared this question 8 years ago
Answered

Hi All,

I was just curious if it is possible to use a postgres array as the reference field in a source access filter? For instance, if the identifier was the user and the array values were organizations that the user should have access to, would yellowfin be able to read the array values as individual matches?

Thanks!

Best Answer
photo

Hi Whit,

I did some testing here, and unfortunately you can't use an array as the reference field for a source filter. For the most part arrays themselves are not entirely supported by Yellowfin (you can access array values via calculated fields etc), but you cannot modify the field within the view which prevents it from being able to be used a source filter:

/wGRMGgBgVwraQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

I apologize if this is disappointing news! Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,

Dustin

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Whit,

Thanks for sending in the question! My gut feeling here is probably not, but let me do some testing and get back to you just to be sure.

I'll send you an update here in a bit.

Kind Regards,

Dustin

photo

Hi Whit,

I did some testing here, and unfortunately you can't use an array as the reference field for a source filter. For the most part arrays themselves are not entirely supported by Yellowfin (you can access array values via calculated fields etc), but you cannot modify the field within the view which prevents it from being able to be used a source filter:

/wGRMGgBgVwraQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

I apologize if this is disappointing news! Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,

Dustin

photo

Thanks, Dustin! More curiosity than anything. I appreciate you taking the time to look into it!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file