Zendesk - Please wait while the database is getting populated

Mauro Flores shared this problem 6 years ago
Completed

Hi,

Trying to integrate Yellowfin with Zendesk, all the steps were followed properly and testing the connection works, but all the reports keep saying the same:

Third Party Data Source ErrorPlease wait while the database is getting populated

Kind Regards

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Mauro,

Connectors will typically take a while to initially store their data. How long this process takes depends mostly on how much JVM you have allocated to the instance.

This should work as expected soon, but please let me know if not.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Thanks Nathan,

I had a look to the Scheduler (Schedule Management) and the task is failing, I tried to run this manually but keeps failing

Schedule:Every 720 minutesLocal Time zone:London (+1:00)Status:FailureNext Scheduled Run:26/8/2017 12:15 PM (+1:00)

Kind Regards

photo

Hi Mauro,

It seems we are facing a different problem then! Can you please send me a zipped copy of your entire logs folder?

youryfinstallation/appserver/logs

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Please find attached.

Kind Regards

photo

Thanks Mauro,

Unfortunately the errors in here are not very descriptive. Would you be okay with providing me your connection credentials so that I can try this on my end?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Is there anything else that can be done? I'll have to check with our legal team but is very unlikely I'll be able to share connection details with you for data protection rights.

Kind Regards

photo

Hi Maruo,Unfortunately I believe that there is something in your data specifically, that prevents it from easily being converted to JSON, that we did not originally account for when creating this connector.

We deal with security compliance quite often here, so if it would help we can sign an agreement to facilitate this.

Once this is escalated as a defect, having the connection to replicate will also help our developers fix the problem faster.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your help, I'll ask our IT team to look at the network configuration and will start discussing your access with our Account Manager in Yellowfin, as privacy was one of the topics discussed during our contract agreement.

Kind Regards

photo

Hi Mauro,

Sounds good, let me know if there is anything I can do in the meantime.

Regards,

Nathan

photo
photo

Hi Mauro,

I am going to set this ticket to closed for now, but if there is anything else I can do to help here, please just let me know and the case will be re-opened!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

I have the exact same error with Zendesk :(

I get the "Third Party Data Source Error" and the Third Party SourceZenDesk in the Schedule Management keeps failing.

In the log files, I see that:

ERROR (TaskScheduler:A) - java.lang.NullPointerException

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.hof.zendesk.ZendeskTickets.ZendeskTicketsToJSON(ZendeskTickets.java:51)

at com.hof.zendesk.ZendeskDataSource.getData(ZendeskDataSource.java:2958)

at com.hof.zendesk.ZendeskDataSource.autoRun(ZendeskDataSource.java:2942)

at com.hof.servlet.ThirdPartyAutoRunTask.runTask(ThirdPartyAutoRunTask.java:130)

at com.hof.mi.servlet.TaskScheduler$_A.A(TaskScheduler.java:117)

at com.hof.mi.servlet.TaskScheduler$_A.run(TaskScheduler.java:166)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Is there something I can do to solve this?

photo

Hi Dim,

As mentioned with Mauro, this does appear to be a Yellowfin bug specific to the data you are trying to pass through. In order to log this as such we will need access to the environment so that our developers can explore this further.

If you are interested in this, I will create a private ticket so that you can share your information with us.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Yes please. Create a private ticket and let me know what I need to send you.

photo
photo

Is this been fixed? I have the same issues

photo

Hi Dragos,

Unfortunately the connector issue has not been resolved.

What seems to be the issue is that the API has changed, so while some tables have data (users), other tables do not, so the reports as a whole do not pull in data. There are no immediate plans to address this, however this may change depending on demand.

In the interim, you might be able to get around this via data exports to CSV, which you can then import into Yellowfin for reporting.

Sorry for the bad news and will keep you updated on any changes.

Regards,

David

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file