How to create Org Chart using JavaScript

Chandana K shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hello,

I have a requirement to display Organisational Chart in Yellowfin. I have written a Javascript and run in html and its working fine. But I am unable to Replicate the same thing in Yellowfin.

Please find attachment for the model of chart.

Can anyone please help me in solving this.

Thanks,

Chandana

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Chandana,

Getting JS to work in YF can be a bit tricky at first, what problems are you running into here?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the response.

Please find the attachment for the Script which I have Written.

And I Copied the Script in appserver\webapps\ROOT\js\chartingLibraries\Sample_Org_Chart.html

I incorporate the same path under "Require" function in Yellowfin

don't know how to proceed further.

Thanks,

Chandana K

photo

Hi Chandana,

I am a bit confused, if you are simply creating a google chart, then you should be able to accomplish all of this within the JS chart builder, and the whole process of importing your additional script should not be necessary.

We have a list of example scripts (to go with our ski-team data set) that might help you get started:

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/javascript-charting-libraries-ski-team-examples

Is there a reason why this will not work for you?

Let me know if you want to screen-share, and I can demonstrate a simple chart creation.

Regards,

Nathan

photo
photo

Hi Chandana,

I am going to set this ticket to closed for now, but if there is anything else I can do to help here, please just let me know and the case will be re-opened!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

sorry for not updating on this issue. I am still facing the same problem. I think it would be better if I share the screen with you in your free time.

Thanks,

Chandana

photo

Hi Chandana,

That sounds good, I am available most of today if there is a good time that works for you. I am on MST in the US, so if we do not have much overlap I can ask one of my colleagues in Australia if they have time.

Let me know what works best.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Sorry for the late reply. I am still unable to get the Org chart using JavaScript. I have written a Script, it is not showing any error but unable to get chart preview. I don't know where I am going wrong.

I am attaching the script here. Please find the same and kindly help me out.

Thanks,

Chandana

photo
photo

Hi Chandana,

I have attached a working Google org chart that doesnt require any YF data (figured it would be easier than editing yours), so you can just copy and paste this into any report. I have commented out how to get YF data into there.

Let me know if you are able to get this working!

Nathan

photo

Hi Chandana,

I am going to set this ticket to closed for now, but if there is anything else I can do to help here, please just let me know and the case will be re-opened!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

The requirement is working as expected and you can close the ticket as well.

Thanks for the support.

Thanks,

Chandana K

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file