DateTime Formatter 'Other' Option

Brett Churchill shared this idea 6 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi guys,

Currently when formatting a datetime field in Yellowfin there are not options to set a custom or ‘Other’ format. Both the date and time components have a finite list.

If you format as just a date or as a time there is the ‘Other’ option available. Could this also be made available to DateTime types?

At the moment there is a workaround to apply an ‘Other’ format using the Date or Time option and include the extra date or time component (such as applying dd.MM.yyyy HH:mm:ss to a Date).

This is an ok workaround, but it would be great to have the proper formatting option available here as well.

Included are three screenshots showing the available formatting options for Date, Time and DateTime.

Regards,

Brett

Brett Churchill   /   Business Intelligence Consultant - EMEA

p. +44 (0) 1908 887231   /   m. +44 (0) 754 995 0765  

skype. brett.m.churchill   /   brett.churchill@yellowfin.bi  

YF_Email_Sig_Block

twitter_32    youtube_emaillinkedin_32

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed.

If you have received this email in error please notify Yellowfin.

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Brett,

I have logged this as an Idea, hopefully we can have some movement on this. If you need this pushing let me know.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi guys,

I've created the JIRA enhancement request for this (YFN-8095), I actually had someone else ask for this last year but I can't find the original ticket, anyway, it's a good idea and doesn't seem like it should be too hard to do.

DA

photo

Hi,

is it also possible to enter the quarter in it? I don't have find some informations about that.

photo

Hi Carsten,

yes it is possible to format a DateTime to show the quarter, here is how to do it:

fb3f5a1952a20f9c3b1f982d42df047c

and here is the result, the same column is used twice - the 2nd one is formatted as Quarter:

e35c0d00ed7efba2f4d3e1e2577aabb7

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file