Double rows + calculated field

Max shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

HI Yellowfin

1. How i get a table with one value for row from attached pic (2015-2016)? In the pic you can see double values for yeach company.

2. I have created calculated field that calculates tickets sum for year 2015 for yeach company. In attached pic (calcdates), the details of the calculated field. What i am doing wrong to calculate the tickets sum only for 2015 for yeach company?

Thank you.

Thank you.

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Max,

Unfortunately your 2015-2016 screenshot is a little too small for me to see exactly how your report is set-up, but my initial guess is that you will need to aggregate your calculated field itself by Sum, so that your '0' values are added to your desired values.

As a side note, using a calculated field to filter by year will work well if you are attempting to aggregate by sum. But if you are interested in performing this same effect with an average or count field, your 0 values will have a negative effect on the final aggregation. If this is your goal, it may be worth looking into using append sub-queries, changing the filter (year=2015 to 2016) for each query.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Max,

I was just wondering if you have had any luck in resolving this issue? Please let me know if you have any additional questions, or if you would be okay with me closing this ticket.

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file