How to Import Custom Formatter?

Johnathon Warren shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hey, I've tried looking everywhere and haven't found any information on how to import a custom formatter.

I used the information here to create a .jar file. But now I simply don't know what to do with it?

Best Answer
photo

Hi Johnathon,

You should be able to import custom formatters through the plugin manager. Note that if you are using any dependencies, you will need to include these jars as well. (you can either click "add more" or zip all the jars up and re-name the file .yfx)

If not, you will need to add a file to your classpath, and place the jar into the WEB-INF/lib folder:

META-INF/services/com.hof.mi.interfaces.CustomFormatter (type the name of your class into this file)

What does this custom formatter do? We are actively looking to encourage / expand 3rd party development, so if this is something that you think would be useful to other clients, could you create a topic with the developer forum?

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/developers

(we will be adding to this very soon so you wont be alone in there :) )

Regards,

Nathan

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Johnathon,

You should be able to import custom formatters through the plugin manager. Note that if you are using any dependencies, you will need to include these jars as well. (you can either click "add more" or zip all the jars up and re-name the file .yfx)

If not, you will need to add a file to your classpath, and place the jar into the WEB-INF/lib folder:

META-INF/services/com.hof.mi.interfaces.CustomFormatter (type the name of your class into this file)

What does this custom formatter do? We are actively looking to encourage / expand 3rd party development, so if this is something that you think would be useful to other clients, could you create a topic with the developer forum?

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/developers

(we will be adding to this very soon so you wont be alone in there :) )

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file