Organization Based Dynamic Data Filtering

Karthik Kannan shared this problem 6 years ago
Resolved

Hi Yellowfin Team,

We need to show the data based on user login. a column (Column Name: Organization) in the report's view has the organization name.

For examble, Column values for Organization Column...

Reliance Fresh

Reliance Digital

Reliance Trends

iSoftwares

Client may combine Reliance Fresh, Reliance Digital, Reliance Trends together and create a client organization OR separately create 3 client organizations. But in both ways we need the filter the company data based on the login details without manual filters in the reports.

How to achieve this dynamically.

Scenario 1: Combined 3 Clients and created 1 Client Organization with 3 Users for each Type of outlets.

1) when User Trends@reliance.com logging in, it should filter data, WHERE Organization = ''Reliance Trends'

2) when User Fresh@reliance.com logging in, it should filter data, WHERE Organization = ''Reliance Fresh'

Scenario 2: Created 3 Clients and with 1 User each

1) when User Trends@reliancetrends.com logging in, it should filter data, WHERE Organization = ''Reliance Trends'

2) when User Fresh@reliancefresh.com logging in, it should filter data, WHERE Organization = ''Reliance Fresh'

Thanks in Advance,

Karthik K.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Karthik,

Just from my initial glance, it seems like an access filter on "Organization Name" is the best way to achieve this. Access filters will allow you to assign one or multiple organizations to a single user.

Is this an approach you have considered?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your reply. i tested with Manual Option, it is working fine. Need to test it with other options like Report / SQL Query / CSV. I will get back to you once i have completed testing.

Regards,

Karthik K

photo

Hi Karthik,

Glad to heard it seems to be working, I am going to close this for now, but let me know if you run into problems, and this will automatically re-open.

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file