7.3 storyboard not working

Chad Miller shared this problem 7 years ago
Defect Fixed

When trying to create a storyboard in 7.3 I get an error see attached screenshot. It actually created a storyboard in the end but I can't attach reports. I can attach images and add slides.

The underlying error behind the scene is:

YF:2017-01-04 10:09:33:ERROR (AjaxAction:execute) - Error caught: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0

at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)

at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)

at com.hof.mi.web.action.MIStoryBoardAjaxAction.handleAction(MIStoryBoardAjaxAction.java:1107)

at com.hof.mi.web.action.AbstractReportOutputAjaxAction.runAction(AbstractReportOutputAjaxAction.java:1311)

at com.hof.web.action.AjaxAction.execute(AjaxAction.java:155)

at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:425)

at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:229)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1913)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:462)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:648)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:230)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:165)

at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:192)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:165)

at com.hof.servlet.BrowserHeaderFilter.doFilter(BrowserHeaderFilter.java:43)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:192)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:198)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:108)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:140)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:79)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.AbstractAccessLogValve.invoke(AbstractAccessLogValve.java:620)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:87)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:349)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.service(Http11Processor.java:784)

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessorLight.process(AbstractProcessorLight.java:66)

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:802)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1410)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Replies (17)

photo

Hi Chad,

That's strange, sorry to see that you're facing some issues getting reports to drop nicely into Storyboards. This is a case where we're going to need your full set of logs in order to examine the error in depth. When you have a free moment, could you please zip up your whole logs folder and send it our way? You can find the logs folder at <YourYellowfinInstall>appserver/logs.

If you could pass the .zip along to us by attaching the archive to this post, that would be great. Thanks in advance for this!

Best,

-Conner

photo

Conner here are my logs.

Chad

photo

Hi Chad,

Thanks for the logs, and sorry for my delayed response here.

After going through your logs, I can see exactly where Storyboards are tripping and falling. Unfortunately though, I have still been unable to replicate this problem on my local systems, even with this new information. I've got a couple more tests that I would like to run on my end, but if that doesn't work, we may have to ask for a copy of your Yellowfin configuration database and your data warehouse schema.

One more thing, when I was looking through the logs I came across a couple of successful storyboard actions. (I assume that these were you adding images and slides) Can you confirm that Yellowfin doesn't let you add reports to a storyboard slide under any circumstances?

Thanks,

-Conner

photo

Conner

Attached is a pic showing the report option is grayed out.

photo

Hi Chad,

Sorry about that communications fallout on this one. I thought that I sent something to you recently, but it looks like I must have botched the submission. Apologies for that!

I can see that your screengrab is from an older looking version of IE. Do you experience the same problems when trying to use and populate Storyboards when trying with a an up-to-date version of Chrome or Firefox?

Thanks,

-Conner

photo

I believe it's the most up to date IE11 you can get we update every week.

No it doesn't work in Chrome either same error.

photo

Hi Chad,

This one definitely has us scratching our heads over here. In order to get after this fully, I think we're probably going to need some pretty in depth information to replicate this on our end. If possible, could you take a backup of your Yellowfin configuration database, as well as a copy of your data warehouse schema (no actual data is required, just the schema), and send it over to us? I have given you access to the Yellowfin FTP server, so the files can be uploaded there. An invite email should have already come through, so be sure to check your spam folder if you don't see it.

I know that this is a lot of info, so thank you in advance for giving this a shot. We want to figure out what's up with your storyboards!

Thanks,

-Conner

photo

Conner pardon my ignorance on DB's but I have a backup and it's currently being uploaded but I'm not sure what you want for the schema or how you get it? I looked online and it looked just like Table structure but we have hundreds of tables in our DB and so am unsure of what you're looking for.

photo

Hi Chad,

What we're after is the schema used for the actual reports.

So this would just be any tables/columns referenced in the underlying view.

Given the nature of the problem lets try this:

1. Provide us with the Yellowfin DB only, and we will test that.

If we cannot replicate we will worry about the schema.

Hope you had a good Christmas and have a good New Years!

photo

Hi Chad,

Hope you had a good Xmas/New Years.

Just wondering if I could get my hands on the DB backup.

Thanks,

David

photo

David

In the comment a week ago the yellowfin DB has been uploaded to the FTP site. Am I missing something is it in the wrong place do I need to specifically send it to you? When I go to the FTP site and login I can see the file still there.

photo

Hi Chad,

Sorry I didn't actually check our internal FTP site before asking where you put it, my bad.

I've since got it restored and replicated your issue, which I have logged as a defect.

As you may have noticed I have also modified the post desc to include the underlying error and removed your logs so that other users can search for this error and not get any info from your environment.

The plan is to get this fixed for the Feb release, which should be available on Fri 27th Feb.

However once fixed, I can find out if there is an easier way to get it working for you now without waiting for the upgrade.

Will keep you posted on this, though please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Thanks,

David

photo

David

I can wait for the February release. This isn't something we are using yet it is just something I was testing in case we wanted it for the future.

Thanks

Chad

photo

Hi David,

Just noticed this error on the 7.3 version. Is this likely to affect our install/environment?

Brad

photo

Hi Chad/Brad,

Sorry for the radio silence on this.

Looks like this issue was fixed as part of the 7.3 March release, and was related to not having a theme when trying to create a story board.

If you have upgrade and still face an issue, please let me know.

Regards,

David

photo

I tested this back when the update came through this has been fixed like you said for a while now.

photo

Thanks for the confirmation Chad!Sorry we dropped the ball on notifying you earlier.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file