New fields to an old view not available

Chet Meinzer shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

We are adding fields to our tables and but the fields are not appearing in Yellow Fin.

This query:

select *

From alameda_county_care_connect.report_eligibility_and_utilization is “valid query” that Yellowfin “sees.”

image002.jpg

When I run:

select *

from alameda_county_care_connect.client_details;

;

In pgAdmin it runs and I see among other fields the five “_text” fields I added to query:

image004.png

HOWEVER, these fields are not available in YellowFin for me to add to the report.

We are adding fields and they are not being added to the table.

Replies (5)

photo

It seems to be a problem when adding fields and querying using freehand sql. The reason we are using freehand sql is because we have different schema's in our DB, and Yellow Fin doesn't seem to like to see multiple schemas in one data source.

photo

Hi Chet,

To clarify here, the field is successfully added to the view, but is not available in the report?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Yes, that is correct.

photo

Hi Chet,

As mentioned in the call, the connection between the view and the underlying data-source is typically pretty static. So any changes made to the underlying data source schema will not be received well by Yellowfin.

A couple ideas:

• Re-validate the SQL query in the view editor
  • Try "Add Fields":

d3d84d22832480fed896f754482a7462

Let me know if either of these options work for you.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

HI Chet,

I am going to set this ticket to closed for now, but if there is anything else I can do to help here, please just let me know and the case will be re-opened!

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file