Can we login with my own table?

sreenu shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi Yellowfin Team,

Can we login the yellowfin application with my own tables?.I don't want to login with yeelowfin table([dbo].[IpContact]).

It is possible to have, Please provide the any document or screen shots.

Thanks,

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Sreenu,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. The short answer is no, you cannot log in against your own table.

We do, however, have the option for LDAP Authentication, for those who wish to exhibit more granular control over password policies and user management. This method of authentication also prevents Yellowfin from storing passwords internally.

You can find out more about LDAP Authentication in this article.

Unfortunately, it will not be possible to alter which table Yellowfin authenticates against internally.

Does this answer your question?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Dear Ryan,

I am not understanding that article.I have so many queries.Please find the attached screen shot.

Please can you explain briefly with examples.

Thanks,

photo

Hi Sreenu,

Thanks for your reply. These values are related directly to an Active Directory structure to which you are connecting. If you're unfamiliar with Active Directory, or the attribute values contained therein, I strongly recommend you contact your local Network or System Administrator for assistance.

Since Active Directory structures vary from organization to organization, this process is often outside of the scope of Yellowfin Support. Unfortunately, I can't provide simple brief examples for the process.

If you do have an Active Directory server deployed on your network, and your Network or Systems Administrator is unable to assist you, I can pass this request on to your Account Manager to discuss Consulting options. Please let me know how to proceed.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hello Sreenu,

I haven't heard back on this for some time. I'm going to mark this as Answered. Don't hesitate to reach out with further questions or issues!

Thanks,

Ryan

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file