How to add new font to Chart Settings on Yellowfin

Cuong Pham shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi Yellowfin Team! I am working on 7.3 20170420 version and deploy on Ubuntu 16.10.

Please help me how to add new font into Chart Settings (see attached image). I was try to install this font into my Ubuntu but it not show on font list.

Thanks

Cuong.Pham

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Cuong,

I hope all is well,

Please refer to this link covering How to Add a Font to Yellowfin. Within this link it will cover 2 areas;

• Fonts used for report tables
  • Fonts used for chart

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/how-to-add-a-font-to-yellowfin?_ga=2.107584193.299380729.1504076649-2077808811.1504076649

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark !

Thanks for your answer! I try to install Fonts used for charts follow by link above but it still not show on Font list of Ubuntu server. Could you please help me how to install font on ubuntu for Fonts used for charts?

photo

Hi Cuong,

We have had a similar issue with this in the past, and we resolved this by following the below:

The way Java resolves its fonts, and fallback fonts for languages depends on the operating system its installed on. For Windows and Mac this seems to “just work” and the default “SansSerif” font just gets mapped appropriately and java is able to resolve the missing characters via fallbacks. For Linux however, things are more manual.

As there are several Linux distributions, with different sets of fonts, Java has a set of font configuration files for the major distributions (see https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/intl/fontconfig.html#loading) This lists the fonts it expects to find, for various languages.

This was then tested with Ubuntu Linux 14, installing the missing fonts with the following command:

sudo apt-get install fontconfig-config fontconfig fonts-arphic-uming fonts-wqy-zenhei fonts-wqy-microhei ttf-indic-fonts-core fonts-lklug-sinhala fonts-vlgothic ttf-kochi-gothic ttf-kochi-mincho fonts-ipafont-mincho fonts-nanum fonts-dejavu ttf-baekmuk fonts-unfonts-extra fonts-unfonts-core

Theres quite a few files that come with java ($JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/fontconfig.*) that are useful to determine the missing fonts. Please try installing the font packs and let us know if this resolves the issue.

Let me know how you get on Cuong.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Cuong,

I hope all is well,

I just want to touch base and question whether or not the advice in my last email/post was enough to assist with this issue that you raised. If you can get back to me asap I would appreciate this greatly. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark !

I've added new font on my ubuntu Yellowfin server flow on your Answer. You can mark this Question as Answered.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Cuong.Pham.

photo

Hi Cuong,

Thank you for getting back to me, I am pleased we got there in the end. I will now go ahead and marl this as Answered.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file