Pause all broadcasts

Peter Ruth shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Is there a way to easily pause/turn off all broadcast reports?

As part of an upgrade procedure (7.2->7.3+) we want to make sure the client's broadcasts aren't being sent and also aren't queuing prior to the system coming back online.

Cheers,

Peter

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Peter,

I hope all is well,

I would highly recommend following our Wiki instructions on our Schedule Management: http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER73Plus/Schedule+Management

Within this link we have a section covering Pause Scheduled Task. Unfortunately this would work by pausing each individual Broadcast.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

All good thanks.

I was hoping for an easier way to pause 60-70 broadcasts in "one click". Maybe there's something in the database we can try?

Regards,

Peter

photo

Hi Peter,

I hope all is well,

Looking into this further I can recommend the following options:

1. Option 1 - Navigating to Schedule Management we have the option to Pause individual broadcasts.
  2. Option 2 - Navigating to Administration > Configuration > Outgoing Mail Server and simply delete your SMTP server settings. This will prevent only emailed broadcasts and will put a lot of failures in the logs but shouldn't hurt anything, especially in a test environment.
  3. Option 3 - Disable Task Scheduler within web.xml - This can be found on page 12 within the Clustering Guide attached.
    00e4fd64b5964a9e05382acebbdaea95

With the above I would highly recommend Option 1, reason being it won't impact other schedules like filters, ldap, event archiving, although as we are aware this would be a slightly longer process for opening each individual (60+) broadcast.

Let me know what you think Peter, I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Is there some SQL available to set all broadcasts to pause? And then to unpause them again?

photo

Hi Angela,

We successfully used the following option. I haven't heard if there's any other options available from YF since my question.

1. Access the Yellowfin db
  2. To pause all type: update taskschedule set ScheduleIsOn = insert a zero here (for some reason the forum board keeps deleting it)
  3. To resume/un-pause all reports type: update taskschedule set ScheduleIsOn = 1

Regards,

Peter

photo

I will try this. Thanks for your help

photo

I need to be able to pause only specific reports; How do I associate the report with the entry in taskschedule? I cant see a reportID in the taskschedule table

photo

Hi Angela,

The ScheduleUnitID should match a ReportID from the ReportHeader table.

This is only valid for broadcasts where the ScheduleUnitCode is 'REPORTID'

...and keep in mind, this stuff should all be tested on a test/dev site before making changes to the prod YF DB.

Please let us know how it all goes.

Regards,

David

photo
photo

Hi Peter,

I hope all is well,

I just want to touch base and question whether my last email/post was enough to assist with your question. If you can please get back to me asap I would appreciate this greatly. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

We haven't progressed with the upgrade just yet so I can't give you a solid answer on that sorry.

I think also we found an option from the db update bim_prod_repo.taskschedule set ScheduleIsOn = 0 or 1. Again, we haven't been able to test this yet either.

I suspect updating the web.xml is a better/easier option than the db though.

Cheers,Peter

photo

Hi Peter,

Thank you for getting back to me. I will go ahead and mark this Question as Answered although an update with how you get on would be great.

Regards,

Mark

photo

OK shall do. Cheers

photo

No problem, thank you for understanding and good luck with the upgrade.

Regards,

Mark

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file