When I export the translation csv file, what does the option “Content with no selected language” mea

David Registro shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

When I export the translation csv file, what does the option “Content with no selected language” means?

It looks like it contains “all” content but without any language columns, so what is it used for?

More specifically, I wanted to see what is the difference between the standard export and the '€œno language'€ export as I can't see any different in the csv file itself.

Replies (1)

photo

The way this works is....

When you first create a translation file, the options you choose should not really impact on the exported CSV as you have yet to create any translations.

However, once you add your translations and import back in, that's where things differ.

Now.. when you choose;

• Content with no selected language : Items that you have not translated and imported in will be included in the csv.

E.g. Here is a snippet of my CSV using 'Export All' OR ' Content with no selected language'

This is prior to doing any actual translation import.

23399643040196a4832299b242f85cf6

I then add English & Chinese translations the name of my 'Sales Performance' Dashboard, and import it back into YF.

8534de081771a1d0d1d9006da1f97001

Now when I choose to export using the 'Content with no selected language' this Dashboard Name is not included.

e9b73584f02dedad14916c74893bb38b

..when you choose:

• Export All : All items are exported into the CSV, whether they have been already translated and imported or not.

Regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file