Can I force refresh of a cached report?

Dwayne Cooper shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

I have set a default cache period at the view level. It seems like once a report is cached, it can't be refreshed until the cache period has run out. Is this true or is there a way to force refresh a cached report?

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Dwayne,

Since you are caching the view, it will not be possible to refresh this from a report. If you set the report to refresh on a specific schedule (in the save menu), then you will be able to refresh directly in the report.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Got it thanks. One other thing while I've got your attention: in a Pie Chart if after I select the "other category" and it gives me the breakout is there a way to go back to the original view? The only way I've found is to close and re-run the report.

Thanks

photo

Hi Dwayne,

I am a bit confused as to what you are referring to here. Can you send me a screenshot?

Nathan

photo

Sure -- note that the first pie chart has an "other" category (set in the chart settings). When I click on the "other" category I get the full breakout as in the second screen shot. My question is how do I go back to the first view after selecting other.

photo
photo

Hi Dwayne,

This may be a recent edition, but when I click "other" it provides a breadcrumb in the top left to revert back:

a2e70588666b57228d34d17ee4b8bf40

Does using the breadcrumb functionality, or arrow pointing backwards button work for you?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Dwayne,

I am going to set this ticket to closed for now, but if there is anything else I can do to help here, please just let me know and the case will be re-opened!

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file