No "Accept" button is shown while trying to activate a view

Robert D. shared this problem 6 years ago
Completed

Hi,

I'm trying to edit some views. The method we use at the company is the one that clones the view for edition and after that we "activate" the view, replacing the older version.

The problem is that in some views, when I try to Activate them, after pressing the "Activate" button at the step 3 of the edition, the page is reloaded with the "Activate view" page, but I have no text inputs for renaming the view or the desciption. Also, there is no button to end the action, as shown at the attachment file.

I've tried to do the action with diferent users, computers, browsers, activating the view with no changes... with no results.

Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

----------------------------------------

System Information

Application Version:7.2

Build:20170613

Java Version:1.7.0_80

Operating System:Linux 3.13.0-125-generic (amd64)

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your email.

Sorry to see that you are facing issues while cloning the views.

I have tested here with the 7.2, 20170613 build, and was unable to replicate.

Looks like an issue with your particular Yellowfin config DB.

Can you please see if there are any Javascript errors in the Browser console?

Also check whether there are any errors in the log file?

As I couldn't replicate here, can you please send me your copy of Yellowfin Config DB, and the Datasource Schema (Not the data), let me know the database you are using.

I will restore here on my test system and replicate the issue to investigate and find a fix for you.

Let me know the names of the views you are having trouble with.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Hi Mahe,

I don't have access to the Yellowfin Config DB. I asked for it and I'll have it tomorrow or next week.

Meanwhile I attached the log files. At 09:43 I tried to activate one of the views that gives the error, and a java.lang.NullPointerException can be seen at localhost log file. The browser console had no errors.

Hope this helps with the problem, as soon as I have the datadase copy I'll send it.

Regards,

Robert

photo
photo

Hi Robert,

Thanks for those 2 log files, you have sent. Couldn't find anything from the Yellowfin.log file, but from the localhost log file, it sounds like the a date field might be empty, but not exactly sure.

If you can send me the Yellowfin config DB, I will try to investigate further.

Also please tell me the build of Yellowfin you are currently working.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Hi Mahe,

Where can I send you the copy of the configuration database privately?

photo
photo

Hi Robert,

I have created FTP login for you, you will receive the login details shortly.

If you have any trouble logging in, please let me know.

You can upload the config DB to that FTP site and let me know when done.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Hi Mahe,

Sorry for the delay. I've uploaded the config DB to the FTP.

Regards,

Robert

photo
photo

Hi Robert,

I have tried to restore the configDB, but was not successful.

Can you please let me know

1. Version of Oracle?

2. How did you take the dump, did you use expdp or using datapump?

Also please send me the DataSource schema(not Data) as well.

I just want to let you know that I will be on leave for 1 week from Monday, and if I couldn't finish working on this ticket, I will be transferring it to one of my colleagues in the team.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Hi Robert,

As I am going on leave for 1 week, I am assigning this ticket to my colleague Bigdave.

Please reply back after you upload the Datasource schema and other details as requested in my previous email.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Good morning,

Sorry for the delayed response.

The oracle version is 11G, but I don't know how the export whas made, I can't contact the person who did it.

I've uploaded to the FTP the Datasource schema. This was generated using expdb, no datapump.

Regards,

Robert

photo
photo

Hi Robert,

David here, taking over the ticket from Mahe, I restored the Yellowfin config DB no problems. But the Data Source schema you sent was just the schema of the Yellowfin config DB rather than the data source (i.e. the data warehouse), so that meant I didn't have a data source for your views to connect to. However, what I did was to search through old tickets for Grupo Hedima and look if anyone else had previously sent a data source schema, and eventually I found one! So I connected the views defined in your Yellowfin config DB to that old schema in the hope that it would work and it looks like it did!

You didn't specify any views in particular so I tried one called Material Tracking (Clonar) and when I went to activate it I couldn't because there was no Accept button. So, to me this seems like have replicate the issue you described, however, just to be sure I have attached a video of my efforts and I would appreciate if you could take a minute to look at it and then let me know if I have replicated the issue.

photo

Hi David,

Thanks fot all the work for reproducing the problem! I watched the video and that's exactly the problem we have. It happens with many views, not all, but with most of them.

Best regards,

Robert

photo
photo

OK Robert, that's great, thanks for the confirmation!

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file