how to summarize the report dynamical with different column

Rahul Jain shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Suppose i have report which list my all sales order and having column customer , category , sales order number,

i want report if i gave first column customer ,report will list all the sales order under customer and there sum.

if i gave first column Category , report will list all the sales order under Category and there sum.

if i gave first Sales order number , report will list all the sales order and summarize sum based on SO number.

how i can achieve this.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for getting in touch. Unfortunately it is not possible to dynamically change which column appears as the primary column, or to dynamically change which column is used for the subtotal.

One idea in this regard:

1. Create a primary report with only the basic sales information (category, order number, and customer)
  2. Create a secondary report for each of these, that highlights your desired metrics
  3. Create a drill through on the report.

If a user is interested in ordering by customer code, they can click on the customer code link, and a pop-up will appear where this is the primary metric of the report (first column, and sub-totals). See below for a basic example:

a06d9a11ae9882723f4a704161dea5d5

Please let me know if this does not meet your needs or if you have any additional questions relating to this issue.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Rahul,

I was just wondering if you have had any luck in resolving this issue? Please let me know if you have any additional questions, or if you would be okay with me closing this ticket.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Sorry for the late response. Yes that is ok for me.

i can suggest , if you add this feature in future version. grouping based on first column.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file