Disable a user from changing its own user while allowing to change other

Gidi Kern shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Is there a way to allow a user to edit other user but not itself.

I have a "Customer Administrator" that may edit users properties. He is restricted to "Restrict Visible Roles" list.

That is his only enabled actions. The problem is that he also may change its own role and by that viewing reports.

Is there a workaround to disable the user from changing it self? But do change other.

Thanks

Gidi

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Gidi,

yes, the trick is to include his own role in the Restricted Visible Roles list, then when he views the User list he will not see his own profile there. So for example, his list for the Restricted Visible Roles would be Administrator AND Customer Administrator.

I hope that makes sense, I've just tested it and it definitely works.

Please let us know how you get on with this.

regards,

David

photo

Thanks, it does make sense. However, currently I have a provision role that provision those customer users including the customer administrator. This provision role is also Restricted to see only the customer roles and there is one only global list of restricted roles, so I used it to restrict all the non customer roles.

photo

Hi Gidi,

please ignore this...I'm just adding a comment so that you're not the last commenter (if you're the last one then the ticket stays on my work list)

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file