Default content language reset in 9.8.2

Nicolas Angerhöfer shared this question 10 months ago
Completed

Hello everyone,

a couple of months ago you helped us with a request we had regarding setting a default language to German here;

set default content language? | Community (yellowfinbi.com)

This worked well up until recently when we updated our systems to 9.8.2 when the content reverted to English even though OVERRIDE_LANGUAGE is still set to German.

Does it need to be updated again?

Regards,

Nicolas

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Nicolas,

Thank you for reaching out to Yellowfin Support

It would be great if you could provide the screen recording of the problem you are experiencing while we are looking into it. Also I would like you to share the info.jsp for further investigation.

In addition, I'd like to know if this is the newly created content or older one to which you're referring? I'd advise you to create a fresh with a new report, test it, and let me know if the problem persists. Also let me know the previous version details i.e from which version you have upgraded to 9.8.2?

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hi Yamini,

Thank you for the quick response. Basically, our data source distinguishes between German and English and it did so beautifully using the previous Database entry.

I've uploaded the sysinfo to the ftp (filename: langaugeNicolas.mp4 and sysinfoNicolas.xml)

Yes, sadly the problem persists even when I create a new report.

Previously we were on Version 9.8.0.1 Build 20221005.

Regards,

Nicolas

photo

Hello Nicolas,

I appreciate you giving me the information I asked for. Allow me some time so I can replicate the issue in my test environment. I'll get back to you with the findings.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hello Nicolas,

Hope you are doing well

I have replicated the issue in my test environment. I installed 9.8.0.1 version followed the steps given in the link set default content language? | Community (yellowfinbi.com) then I upgraded to the version to 9.8.2. I noticed that German is still being used. My content did not reverted to English. It worked fine for me.

I've provided a link that will assist you in understanding the upgrade and upgrading the version. https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/upgrading-to-yellowfin-7-2

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hi Yamini,

Strange. I had to manually release the liquidbase lock before the update, because it was stuck locked, even when all services were completely shut down. But I don't believe that that can be relevant.

Maybe we need to update the OVERRIDE_LANGUAGE config or maybe we need to configure the datasources target language?

It's weird because the UI is still German, while the content is English, so it seems to be somewhat working, but not telling the datasource, that it's supposed to give us German results.

Regards,

Nicolas

photo

Hello Nicolas,

Hope you are doing well

In order to see the problem and make it clear, I would like to have a remote session. Please let me know your availability for a call. I'm available Monday through Friday from 6:00AM to 15:00PM IST.

Thanks!

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hello Nicolas,

Hope you are doing well.

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Thank you!

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hello Nicolas,

Greetings for the Day.

This is a follow up reminder that 2 days have passed without any activity in this ticket. When there's no activity, it usually means either that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that the matter is no longer relevant and after 5 days (2 days from now) without any activity, we assume that the ticket can be closed. If this is not the case, please do reply and let us know how we can be of further assistance, we would be happy to assist.

Regards,
Yamini Naidu

photo

Hi Yamini,

Sorry for the late response.

Yes, unfortuantely the problem still persists. We can have a remote call, but I am not sure what I can show you beyond what I already showed you. The UI is German and the content isn't. My thought was that it is something to do with the way YellowFin requests the language from the data soure...

In the meantime we've also checked our Data Source user, which is also set to German.

Regards,

Nicolas Angerhöfer

photo

Hello Nicolas,

Thanks for the reply

I want to know if you have updated the database's OVERRIDE_LANGUAGE configuration? If not, could you kindly try it and let me know if it goes.

I can see that you successfully set the default language to German using this link set default content language? | Community (yellowfinbi.com). To achieve the desired outcome following the upgrade, I request that you follow the same steps and then let me know if your issue still persist.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hello Yamini,

Thank you for your help!

Yes we've tried that before and it didn't work. However we've changed the

Authentication Adapter and then refreshed OVERRIDE_LANGUAGE at the same time and that did it!

Again thank you so much for your quick help! Have a lovely rest of your week! You may close this ticket

Regards,

Nicolas

photo

Hello Nicolas,

Thanks for the update. I really appreciate your response. I'm glad you discovered the solution and that it was successful for you. I am closing this ticket because the problem has been resolved. Feel free to contact support whenever you have a problem with Yellowfin; we would be happy to help.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file