Date filter not working

Aaron Moss shared this question 11 months ago
Completed

Hi,

I'm using Yellowfin 7.35.17. Datasource is a Filemaker 17 database.

I'm having trouble trying to apply a filter on a date column.

I've created a test report to play around with, which only contains one column. The SQL produced by the report is as follows:

SELECT DISTINCT 
"INVOICES"."CREATION DATE" 
FROM "INVOICES" 
WHERE ( 
"INVOICES"."CREATION DATE" <= '2023-04-01' 
)
The results for this shows me all the records from today 1/05/2023 down to 14/12/2022. If I change the operator to '>', I get no results.

The dates appear in Filemaker in the format d/MMM/yyyy. This is also the format of the system clock on the Yellowfin server and on the client machine.

I am perplexed as to what is going on.

Replies (8)

photo

Hello Aaron,

Thank you for reaching out to the Yellowfin Support Team.

Just letting you know that, version 7 is no longer supported in any way. With the most recent version 9.8.2, I replicated the problem but couldn't find an error.

14e06e0a90a86e6916e87357709a0019

Everything is working as expected. To prevent any further problems, if at all feasible, could you please upgrade your version?

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hello Aaron,

Hope you are doing well.

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great. Thank you!

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Dear Aaron,

Greetings for the Day.

This is a follow up reminder that 2 days have passed without any activity in this ticket. When there's no activity, it usually means either that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that the matter is no longer relevant and after 5 days (2 days from now) without any activity, we assume that the ticket can be closed. If this is not the case, please do reply and let us know how we can be of further assistance, we would be happy to assist.

Regards,
Yamini Naidu

photo

Dear Aaron,

Greetings for the Day.

This is a follow up reminder that 2 days have passed without any activity in this ticket. When there's no activity, it usually means either that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that the matter is no longer relevant and after 5 days (2 days from now) without any activity, we assume that the ticket can be closed. If this is not the case, please do reply and let us know how we can be of further assistance, we would be happy to assist.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hi Yamini,

Unfortunately it is not currently feasible to upgrade our Yellowfin. But thanks for trying to replicate it.

I was wondering if there was something obvious that I was missing.

All the best,

Aaron

photo

Hello Aaron,

If you could share the steps you're using or a video of the procedure, that would be great. That way, I can look into it and let you know where the issue is.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hello Aaron,

Hope you are doing well.

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great. Thank you!

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Dear Aaron,

Greetings for the Day.

This email is to notify you that we believe that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that this ticket can be resolved for now. Because of age and inactivity I am going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Completed. However, if you ever wanted to revisit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let us know, we will be more than happy to do so.

Regards,
Yamini Naidu

Leave a Comment

Attach a file